Near Death

Nari's Room
Coughing sound enveloped the room. Nari crawled to get a glass of water. "I beg you to please save the county". She was able to pour water but wasnt able to hold ot carefully causing her to drop it on the floor. The glass got broken. "Are you okay?", Hye rushed inside the room. He saw Nari on the floor with her hands covering her face. "Let me see your face", Hye gave a slight smile. Nari shook her head and pulled her feet together. Hye hugged Nari's head and patted her back. "Can you tell me where it hurts?", Hye asked. "I feel like throwing up anytime", Nari answered.

The next morning

Nari slept on Hye's lap. Soo Won entered. "How is she feeling? I'll be doubling the security in the castle", Soo Won assured. "Your Highness. Why would you go so far for Nari", Hye asked. "I don't want to be a King who can't even protect one soul", Soo Won answered. "Your Highness, Nari coughed more blood than usual. I think it's better for you to be concentrating with some matters", Hye bit his lips. "Are you telling me to give up on her?", Soo Won knelt down on their level. "Your Highness, her heartbeat is already so faint", Hye tried to stop his tears. Soo Won stopped himself from bursting into anger. He can't do anything. He can't find the cure and at the same time, being the King who needs to rule.

Lili's Master House

Nari entered the house and saw Lili tending some herbs. "Are those mint?", Nari said with a faint voice. "You shouldn't be walking around", Lili assisted the lady. "Lili, you're my friend right?", Nari held Lili's hand. "Get me a horse", Nari smiled. Lili's eyes widened. She knew that some citizen of Sei came just few days ago. "Nari. You know that His Highness regards you as someone important. And as your friend,  I suggest you to stay", Lili had teary eyes. "Lili, there are people I need to save", Nari gave another smile. Lili looks at Nari's deep black circled eyes. "I'm glad to meet strong people like you. Before I die, I want to do something I will be proud of", Nari explained.

"Nari, aren't we also important? Aren't you going to regret leaving us as well?", Lili slightly raise her voice and made a distance. "You're such a cute lady. Lili", ,Nari  stepped to her and thrust a sword just below Lili's chin. "I never said I'm not coming back", Nari confidently said.

Border of Sei

Nari climbed down the horse and raised both of her hands. The soldiers were alarmed and prepared their swords. "It's just a woman", they commented. "One day, you will no longer look down on women. But I don't think time will come when you're words will be 'Oh, it's a woman", Nari courageously went closer to them. Her eyes seems to be dagging into their souls.

Sei Town
Inn

"Marriage?", Taro tried to clarify if he heard her correctly.  Nari walked towards the man and held unto Taro's hand. "I accept your deal", she said with a faint voice. Taro saw how pale and skinny she became. She must've thought it because she doesn't have much to live anymore. "Once you tie the cord with me, there's no way you're going to run away from your responsibilities", Taro explained. "I can", Nari had a weak smile.

"We're going to start a rebellion. You will join hands with the King of Kouka", Nari sat down the bed. "Their aid won't go unpaid. You will have to give the boundary as their portion of the land. It will be a neutral ground for people of Sei and Kouka. They will be allies", Nari explained the cost of the partnership. "How sure are you that Kouka will cooperate well? That new King is known for what he did to Kai. Do you think my brothers will bend their knees to him?", Taro raised his brow and crossed his arms. "They will bend knees to no one. They are people of Sei. They will bend their knees to the one who owns the Kingdom. Taro, do you know who owns this Kingdom?", Nari asked. "You", Taro was brought back to reality. The most powerful person should have been the princess of both powerful nation. She is both a political symbol of Sei and Edo. "This Kingdom belongs to its people", Nari stood up and wobbled. Taro was in time to catch her. "Taro, I don't have much to live. That's why. I was just hoping my name would be carved in some stones when I leave", Nari coughed and covered her mouth. Taro gently pushed her and saw some blood stains on the side of her mouth. "You're sick", Taro noticed. "Gather your men, we need to do it as fast as we can. By this time, he must've read my letter already", Nari smiled.

Kouka
Hiryu's Palace

Soo Won crumpled the letter he saw from Nari's room. He was looking outside from the terrace. "Summon General Geun Tae and General Tae Woo. We are headed into one more battle", Soo won's eyes weren't laughing. Judo noticed the letter and sighed.

"Your Highness, if we leave the Castle barren, it will be easily taken by neighbouring nations and some rebels. Are we going to risk it for her sake?", Judo questionned the King's decision. "I had done what I could to make her stay but she's not a bird to be kept inside a cage. Her spirit had always been free. She's not meant to be defined by nationalities and territories", Soo Won sighed. "It wasn't for her sake. General, I am the King of Kouka. I exist to protect the people and to reach my goal. My act of helping out with the plan also means I am giving up on her. Marriage is something you cannot break. Once she ties the cord with another man, there's no way she'll be back on my side", Soo Won faced him and gave a smile.

Chapter end.