Pieces

"I had a great time."

Austin said to Camila as he walked her to the front door. They just returned from their dinner date.

"Hmm." Reply Camila, weak.

They had their fingers intertwined with each other. Austin leaned closer and planted a soft kiss on Camila's ear.

"You know, we've been together for a while now.." He said. Camila  stood still.

" I think it's time for us to take our relationship to the next level." He added with his eyes staring straight into Camila's. "We're at that age."

"What do you mean?" Camila asked, feeling uneasy with the whole conversation.

"Marriage."

Camila was shocked with his answer.

Why suddenly marriage?

"I already decided to spend the rest of my life with you." Austin said, his expression serious.

Camila looked down, trying to find the right words to say.

"Austin." Camila said, as she slowly looked up.

"What if.." Camila paused. She's trying to gather her strength to let her words out.

....what if we're not meant for each other?"

Austin was shocked, his eyes wide.

"..that's ridiculous..

..we're made for each other, remember?" Austin said as he held Camila's hand and played with the ring on Camila's finger. It's their couple ring.

Camila let go of Austin's hand, "I mean, what if we were wrong about it?"

Austin gritted his teeth, "Stop it."

"What if we're meant for other people but not each other?"

"Stop it." Austin said, but Camila kept on going.

"Maybe...

..I'm not your soulmate."

"I said stop talking nonsense, damn it!!" Austin slammed his hand on the door. Camila was shocked, she had never seen Austin like that. She's scared of him.

Austin grabbed Camila's face with both his hands and forced his lips on Camila's. It was a rough onesided kiss. Camila tried to push him away, but he's too strong. She lifts her right hand and slapped Austin on his face with all her might.

Austin finally stopped. He looked hurt. His heart hurt. His pride hurt.

Camila didn't know what to do, her hand is painful from the slap she gave the jerk in front of her.

Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Austin looked into Camila's teary eyes, searching for an answer.

Why?

"You.. He paused.

..you fell in love with that bitch." He finished his sentence, even though it hurt him deeply.

Camila stared at Austin, trying to process what he's saying.

Love?

Suddenly the door opened, Dinah was standing there.

"What's happening?!" Dinah looked at her cousin and anger fueled inside of her.

Camila rushed inside the house and left Austin and Dinah.

"Camila!" Austin called.

Dinah grabbed Austin's collar, "What did you do to her, you bastard?!"