Rings

"Thank you Dinah, you are too kind." Jon said as he walked with Dinah to the elevator.

"Don't mention it." Dinah playfully hit his arm.

They reached the elevator door and stood there, waiting.

"I guess I see you tomorrow." Dinah said, smiling.

Jon nodded.

Dinah waved and turned to leave.

"Wait."

Jon looked at Dinah, he seems like he wanted to say something.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you're free after work?" he said, flashing his gorgeous smile.

Dinah looked at him, her heart beats fast. She didn't know why.

"I wanted to have a dinner with you."

Suddenly the elevator door opens, Jade was standing there holding a file in her hand.

Dinah was surprised with Jade's sudden appearance. She froze.

"So? Would you like to have a dinner with me?" Jon repeats. Jade heard it all. She slowly walked out of the elevator, trying to pick up Dinah's answer.

Please say no.

Please say no.

She kept hoping.

Dinah looked up and met Dinah's gaze. Jade avoided her eyes immediately.

Dinah sighed. She made up her mind.

"Yes, sure. I'd love to." DInah replied with a smile.

Jade can feel her heart breaks. She really didn't want to admit it.

I'm in love with her.

No.

I'm not in love with her.

She shook her head and walked into the office.

Oh no, I am.

**

Lauren and Camila are walking hand in hand in the streets of New York. They just had their dinner and Camila insisted to walk around.

"Pretty miss, come here!" the street vendors shouts.

"We have cute necklaces and bracelets for you pretty miss!" he continued.

Camila stopped at a stall.

"What now?" Lauren asked, annoyed. She never buys anything from the streets. She's been doing a lot of things she never did since she started dating Camila.

"It's pretty!" Camila said, pointing at the various accessories.

Lauren rolled her eyes. She could buy the whole stall if she wants.

"Try this!" Camila pulled Lauren's hand forward.

"What are you doing?"

Camila put a ring around Lauren's finger. Lauren looked at her finger. It's just a cheap double ring.

"We don't have couple rings." Camila said. Lauren just stared at her, speechless.

"We'll take a pair of rings!" Camila said.

**

Dinah and Jon are having dinner at a restaurant. Dinah didn't pay any attention to any words Jon said. She got her mind somewhere else.

"You know..

Jon kept on talking. Dinah nodded at everything he said. She didn't even know what he's talking about.