Part 12

With a cup of tea in one hand, Lindsey carefully made his way up the stairs and took a turn towards the bedroom. Stevie hadn't been feeling very well for some time now and it worried both of them, however, she said, when she was pregnant previously, she felt more or less the same. It just had to be the pregnancy itself, nothing more. Lindsey didn't mind taking care of her at all, it came naturally. She wasn't doing great and he was there for her to help. 

"Hey..." Lindsey sat down on the edge of the bed, brushing away stray hairs out of Stevie's face. "I brought you your tea."

"Put it on the nightstand." She said as she lay with her eyes closed. 

"You haven't been sick this morning." Stevie shook her head slightly. "That's good, right?"

"I suppose." She shrugged her shoulders and inhaled deeply, slowly sitting up. "It's only been eleven weeks." Stevie rested her head against the headboard as she blindly searched for her tea, which Lindsey handed to her. "Thanks."

"Well, we knew this wasn't going to be easy."

"But I certainly didn't think it was going to be this hard either. What will happen, when I start gaining weight? My whole body will ache on top of how I'm feeling already."

"Don't be so negative, sweetheart." Lindsey said softly, reaching for her hand. "You have to think about our baby, that once you go through all of this, we'll be parents to our precious little boy or girl."

Sighing, Stevie nodded her head. "I know, I'm sorry. This is supposed to be the most joyous time of our lives and all I do is complain."

"You're allowed to, babe. If only I could, I'd take this from you, but all I can do is just stay by your side and reassure you." Bringing her hand up to his lips, Lindsey kissed each knuckle, before resting their joined hands in his lap. "I love you so much, you know that, right?"

A weak smile crossed her lips and Stevie gave a single nod of her head. "I know and I couldn't do this without you."

They grew silent while Stevie was taking small sips of her tea. Lindsey could tell she was getting tired again, even if she had woken up barely a few hours ago. 

"Are you going to be okay on your own for a while?" Lindsey asked, taking the empty cup from Stevie. "I was going to drive over to Sharon's, see how she's doing, make sure everything's fine."

Stevie yawned, lying down again. "Yeah, I'll be alright. I'm probably going to sleep the whole time."

"You should." Lindsey stood up, then bent over to press a kiss to her hair. "I won't take long, I promise. If anything, dial Sharon's number. I don't plan on going anywhere else."

"Okay." Stevie replied, her eyes already closed. "Love you."

"Love you, too." Stroking her hair a few times, he kissed her temple before straightening up and turning around to walk out of the room.

Lindsey didn't know what it was, but he had an uneasy feeling. He didn't want to leave Stevie on her own, but Sharon's due date was approaching them fast, the baby would be born in no more than two weeks. Sharon didn't have a anyone at all and Lindsey couldn't imagine how she was able to handle everything by herself. But he wasn't going to take long.

Meanwhile, even though she felt sleepy and rather exhausted, from what she did not know, Stevie couldn't fall asleep. Maybe she had spent too much time in bed already, she barely did anything since the show with Fleetwood Mac. Because she hadn't been sick at all so far in the day, she decided to get up. She took her time, making every movement slowly, because each small switch of her position caused her discomfort. Pushing the covers off herself, she managed to get up to her feet, groaning. She surely wasn't going to change out of her nightgown, putting on her robe on top instead. Barefoot, Stevie left the bedroom and gripping the railing firmly, descended the stairs. It was lunch time by now and while not too hungry, Stevie went to the kitchen and took out some ingredients out of the fridge to make herself a sandwich, she knew she wasn't going to keep anything else down. 

After eating, Stevie was ready to get back to bed. Before she left the kitchen, she grabbed a bottle of water and went back upstairs. Stopping by the side of the bed which was hers, Stevie fluffed up the pillows and lay down. 

Reaching for the remote on the nightstand by Lindsey's side, Stevie turned on the TV. She hadn't been back in bed for twenty minutes, when she had to get up, feeling a strong urge to use the bathroom. With a heavy sigh, she swung her legs over the edge once more and stood up.

She drew in a sharp breath, seeing blood.