Part 21

"What do you think?" Stevie held up a onesie for Lindsey, a grin on her face.

He didn't want to upset her, but they'd been out shopping for several hours and he was more than ready to go home. Eric had given up a while ago, fast asleep in his pram. 

"It's cute." Lindsey answered, with a shrug of his shoulders. "Just like the other twenty you've gotten already."

The smile faded from Stevie's face instantly. She folded the tiny piece of clothing again and put it in its place, marching out of the store. Lindsey sighed, knowing he shouldn't have said anything. 

"I'm sorry." He said, catching up with her. "Steph, I didn't mean it like that, I'm just hungry and tired." 

She stopped abruptly, glaring at him. "You're tired?" She placed her hands on her six month pregnant belly for emphasis. 

"This is what I mean. I don't want you to overdo it, baby." He spoke to her in his special voice, which he'd been using since the third month of pregnancy, whenever Stevie got mad at him for no particular reason. "Don't you think it's enough for today, mm?"

Her shoulders sagged a little, but she nodded her head. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I could eat for sure."

Lindsey had a remark about that, but having successfully avoided one argument, he wouldn't dare to open his mouth. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Pasta. I want pasta." 

"Alright, then we'll get you some pasta." That was the easy thing. Lindsey wasn't sure what to expect, having heard the horror stories about women and their cravings, but Stevie wasn't at all difficult; she ate everything and she wanted a lot of it.

They found themselves a place for lunch and when asked if they wanted something to drink, Lindsey ordered a coffee and Stevie nearly moaned, when it was brought to him. She loved the smell, which was weird in itself, but every little sip she'd tried taking always made her sick.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think." Lindsey apologized, burning his tongue as he tried to finish it off quickly. 

"It's alright." Stevie waved it off and got more comfortable in her seat. "I can't wait to have it in my mouth again."

Lindsey started laughing as if he was a sixteen year old and Stevie just rolled her eyes. "I can't help it, Steph." He said, holding his hands up. "You haven't let me touch you in no less than three weeks. A man has needs."

"Use your hand." She said plainly, her eyes focused on the waiter, who was coming their way with lunch. 

That wasn't the first time she'd told him that, so Lindsey didn't even react, shaking his head slightly as he chuckled to himself. "Aren't you supposed to be super horny?" 

"Do I fucking look super horny to you?" She raised an eyebrow, spaghetti curled on her fork, halfway in her mouth. 

"Nope. Definitely not." He shook his head and shut up. 

They were eating in silence for some time. Stevie then used a napkin and picked up the glass of water in front of her, drinking it in only a couple big gulps. "Have you thought about names?"

"Well, I kind of thought that I named Eric, so you-"

Shaking her head, Stevie cut him off mid-sentence. "No, I disagree. She's our daughter, Linds. Besides, if you leave it up to me completely, she's going to be named after a witch or something."

"You've got a point." Laughing lightly he agreed, nodding his head. Lindsey also noticed Stevie eyeing what was left of his dish, so he pretended he was stuffed, pushing the plate towards the middle of the table. "I wasn't as hungry as I thought."

"Do you mind if I finish?" Stevie asked, already taking his plate away from him. 

"Not at all." He said, sitting back as he watched her. He didn't know what it was, but he found her so cute right at that moment, he smiled to himself. He still couldn't believe they were expecting a child together and they were going to meet their baby in about three months. "You've got some sauce on your face."

"Where?" Stevie wiped her cheek, but Lindsey shook his head, leaning over the table to help her out. "Thanks."

"I was thinking actually." Lindsey admitted, returning to their previous subject. "It might be silly, but I really like Melody."

Stevie grew quiet for a moment. "Hm... Melody Buckingham sounds nice. Mel for short. Melody Sky Buckingham."

"Isn't that beautiful?" Lindsey smiled looking at Stevie, waiting for her response.

"I do think it's beautiful." She thought about it a minute longer, then nodded her head. "I love it a lot. But what if the doctor is wrong and we'e having a boy?"

"No, I don't think so." Lindsey said. "I want a beautiful little Daddy's girl."

"Oh, so that's how it's going to be. You're going to spoil her and I'll be the one telling her no all the time?" Stevie teased. 

"Absolutely. That's the plan." Lindsey replied, making Stevie laugh. Seeing as she had finished eating, Lindsey called the waiter for the bill. Helping Stevie up, he put one arm around her back, his other hand pushing the pram. "Let's get you home. I'm sure Melody wants to have a nap and so should you." He said, kissing her temple.