Part 18

"Why did you leave?" Lindsey asked as the two of them sat at the dinner table. 

"I got scared." Stevie replied, pushing the food around on her plate. Reaching for a glass of water, she took a gulp and put it back down. "And I guess... When you told me that we've got to go to the hospital, I..." Lindsey lifted his eyes up, encouraging her to continue. "I felt inferior. I'm supposed to give you children."

Using a napkin, Lindsey sighed. He lay his hand over hers. "You're not supposed to anything, Stevie. What happened is sad and heartbreaking, but it could have happened to anyone."

"Well, if I were ten, twenty years younger-"

"It could happen to a woman of any age." Lindsey repeated himself. "Steph, I don't love you any less. You're still my world. What hurts me is that you just ran. You should have told me how it made you feel, I would have understood. I do understand. I know you, it's still painful to think about."

"I'm sorry." Stevie said in a quiet voice. "I was also afraid that I won't be able to love that boy. It's so soon after we lost our baby and..." She trailed off, swallowing back tears. 

Lindsey pushed his chair back and went over to her, crouching down and they were almost eye to eye. "I had a feeling."

"R-really?" She stuttered, looking at him a second longer, before shifting her gaze away. "I feel horrible having to admit that."

"Well, it's not very nice to hear it coming from you, but I get. I also know you, baby." Lindsey smiled weakly at her, lacing his fingers through hers. "You've got a big heart. You'll fall in love with Eric, trust me."

Smiling, Stevie looked down at their joined hands. "He's a part of you and I love you more than anything, so..."

"Steph, it doesn't matter that it wasn't us, who made him. What matters is that we'll be the ones raising him. And I know you'll be the best mother Eric could ever wish for. What I said about wanting kids only with you, that still stands. It's true. You and I are his parents." Lindsey could tell she had doubts and he understood why. Rising to his full height, he bent down to kiss the top of her head. "Would you like to go to the hospital with me tomorrow? We should be allowed to bring him home with us."

Stevie's smile faltered. Looking Lindsey in the eyes, she shook her head slightly. "I don't want to enter a hospital, Linds. I'm sorry. It makes me uncomfortable, just the thought of it. But I'll be waiting for you both at home." 

"Okay. That's good enough for me." Lindsey said and kissed her lips this time. "You really scared me, you know. I read your note and my heart stopped. I thought... I didn't know what to think actually."

"I shouldn't have done that, I know. Again, I'm sorry. It seemed like something I had to do at the moment." Stevie fidgeted with a ring on her finger, chewing on her bottom lip.

"We weren't separated for long, but I had already started missing you."

The corners of her lips turned up just a little. She got up on her feet and brought her arms up, her hands locked at the back of his neck. "I love you." She pecked him on the lips. 

He could feel her smile widen, when he deepened the kiss. His arms circled her waist, pulling her closer. She moaned, opening her mouth, brushing her tongue over his. He walked her backwards until they hit the kitchen counter and he easily hoisted her up.

Breaking the kiss, she giggled, her palms pressed against his chest. "What are you doing?"

"What do you think?" He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Aren't we a bit too old for this?" 

"We're bringing a child into this house tomorrow, there won't be too many chances like this." He pointed out, his lips attached to her neck. 

She cocked her head back, giving him better access as she sighed, her fingers disappearing into his hair. She parted her legs and he stood between them, his fingers busy, undoing the buttons on her blouse. His lips traveled lower to her chest as he tugged at the cups of her bra, a loud moan escaping her lips at the feeling of his warm mouth around her nipple. She felt a faint pulsing sensation and she tried closing her legs around him tighter. He caught on quickly, however, his one hand moving down her stomach and inside her panties. It was his turn to groan, feeling her arousal coat his fingers. 

"Fuck, Steph..." He groaned, leaving open mouth kisses across her skin. 

He showed her to lift her hips up a little so he could take off her pants, sliding them down her legs along with her underwear. He was actually surprised she was going along, it wasn't very often they were intimate in daylight these days. 

The rough material of his jeans brushed against her center and her lips parted as she took in a sharp breath. He smirked, dropping to his knees in front of her. Without any warning, he placed her legs over his shoulders and leaned in, tasting her with his mouth. With ease he slid his middle finger inside her, while his stiff tongue swiftly flicked at her clit. The sounds she was making, caused him to grow hard and he unbuckled the belt with one hand, tugging down the zipper. They hadn't made love for some time, so he knew she was close. Sucking her swollen bud into his mouth, making her hips jerk, he then stood up and pushed his jeans down to his ankles. Cupping the side of her face with his hand, his fingers twisting in her hair, he kissed her. She eagerly reciprocated, letting out a long moan into his mouth, when he slowly entered her. Pulling out completely, he slid inside of her again, repeating the pattern a couple more times, until she broke their lips apart and asked him to speed up. So, he did. His hands gripped her sides as he began thrusting faster and with a lot more force. He was done with teasing, he needed her. Moving her a bit closer to himself, he had her at a better angle, his hips moving quickly. She saw his eyes close, droplets of sweat forming on his forehead. He was almost there, so she leaned back just a little, supporting herself with one hand, the other gravitating towards her center as she used two of her fingers to bring herself closer. That sight alone was enough for him to have a intense orgasm, gritting his teeth as he used the last of his strength to push her over as well. Giving her a few more harsh thrust he did.

Breathing heavily, he pressed his forehead against hers, his arms loosely around her. "You're incredible. I'll never get tired of making love to you." He panted, pressing a sweet kiss to her lips. 

"I'm not sure that can be classified as making love, but okay." She chuckled, then sighed, exhausted. 

"I love you." He told her again and she smiled.

"I love you too."