chapter 14

A/N: ... hey

Sting's pov: 

AAARRHHGGG!!!!

Its been hours since we settled on this sofa, for gods sake Sting fall asleep!, my mind raced with thoughts upon thoughts all linking back to one source, Rogue.

I don't understand it, we have been in this position so many times before and held each other closer than this but today my brain seems to want to go into 'ALERT! ALERT! ROGUE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY!' mode, what the hell is wrong with me?. Moving gently as to not wake up the peaceful raven haired slayer I pushed myself up off of his smaller body and carefully straddled his waist, I leaned down and placed my hands beside his head for support before staring intently at his face,

nose- check

mouth- check

eyes- check

Using one of my hands I slowly lifted up his lip to reveal his sharp canines and perfectly alined teeth,

teeth- check.

I sighed and continued to stare into his closed eyes while my thoughts began to collect and absorb into a rapidly swirling whirlpool, moments of all the times that I had spent with my partner flashed before me and invaded my vision, there was nothing I could see other than Rogues smiling face or us together in situations that now seeing them replayed definably was not a "friendly" thing. I shook my head violently to rid myself of the images and pulled what little sanity I had left together.

"okay, now I need therapy"

I looked over at the clock and mentally cried, 3:27 its still early evening!!!!. letting out an aggravated groan I delicately removed myself from Rogue and  made my way over to the bathroom, turning on the shower I removed my clothes while waiting for it to warm to the right temperature, once it was warm enough I stepped into the shower allowing the water to glide over my body, a wave of relief rushed over me as I relaxed and let the water sink in to my aching muscles. As I slowly relaxed into the warm spurts of water I recalled all my moments with Rogue like I had before and tried to accept my rapidly beating heart, I really did love Rogue, everything Minerva and everyone else has been trying to get me to realise was true and there was no escaping that. 

"Honestly Sting are you that much of an idiot?"

" well you are talking to yourself... Rogue, you make my brain hurt!"   

"damn"

Rogues pov:

I shivered slightly as I awoke from my nap, the absence of my partners warmth startling me. I sat up instantly looking around frantic for any sign of the blonde but found none, my heart beat accelerated as worry clouded my mind,

" he's been in a really weird mood lately, what if he's done something really stupid?!?!?!"  

" what if he went for a walk and got hit?!, or even beaten or kidnapped?!?!?!"

" WHAT IF-"

I stopped mid rant as I faintly heard an running water and an express of relief, 

"what if- he is just in the shower, i'm an idiot."

laying back on the sofa I sighed and began to relax, Sting must be feeling better if he actually got up by himself which means that maybe I can get something out of him today instead of him being quiet and secretive. I relaxed further into the sofa with a content smile on my face knowing that today would be more productive and genuinely better than it had been this morning, just as I reached over to grab the TV remote the door bell rung causing me to scrambled off of the sofa and answer the door.