|08|

Dear stranger,

I feel drowsy but peaceful.

It was like a haziness covering my eyes. It must be the side-effect of the strong pain killers that Lucy forced fed me up this morning at nearly one.

You may think what we were doing waking up that early?

Well, I may had tried to sneak out of my bed and stumbled over Lucy's sleeping body.

My left arm was already in excessive pain. Maybe baking wasn't a great idea. Yesterday while baking, I may had over-exert my left hand.

"May? You had over-exerted your hand", my mind reminded me.

Lucy was in the verge of waking. My stumble had broken her beauty sleep.

Before she could wake up,I tried to mask my face that was twisted in agony to a blank mode.Knowing Lucy, she is like a radar of sensing pain.

When she had fully woken up, I had perfected my facial mask.
I apologized to her, for disturbing her beauty sleep in a fake voice. I had tried to sound groggy and happy at the same time.

I think it didn't work. Why?
Because,without warning she turned on her room light and sat beside me to check my left hand. And while checking, my dear Dr.Lucy had found the swelling of my fingers. Infact, my hands looked like someone painted it with blueblack colour.

Lucy glared at me with her laser eyes that seemed to say
" I can see right through your facade."

Combined that sentence with an evil gleeful laugh,and you have your new nightmare at your presence.

I put on my baby face and her scowl seemed to soften up a little bit. Focus on the little part, because the scowl was back in its place.

She must be really angry with me because my baby face rarely failed.
After some time, she was quitely busy on viewing the floor. If there is one thing anyone should know about Lucy, its that she never concerntrate on the floor. If she is, then she must be really embarassed or on the brink of crying.

Given my condition, it must be option two. I slowly paddled my way to her side of the bed. And surely, she was silently crying. I managed to swallow my gasp of pain at her sight. I would never want my bestfriend to suffer due to me. I have failed again.

" Just like before", my mind agreed.

Pushing the dark thoughts aside, I slowly knelt before her. She still didn't look at me. I carefully reached my right hand to her, and hugged her. By the time she was enveloped in my one-hand hug, her shoulders were shaking and little sobs were leaving through her mouth.

You must find this strange, Caleb. Anyone would, if someone starts crying hysterically at her bestfriend swollen fingers. If I hadn't knew Lucy my whole life, I would also have thought it strange.

But I have been friends with her since forever, so I knew why she was so upset.

Did you know Caleb, that my dark past didnot only robbed me but nearly stripped Lucy as well?

We nearly lost our valuable ones, as a price of the mistake that we never even commited.

There is a saying, " Mouse stole the grains but the farmer beat the frog."
That what happened to us. We had to endure the pain of the things, which someone else was responsible for.

To save ourselves from more pain, we had left our home and come here. But my foolishness had once again invited our haunted past.

Lucy started saying "I can't let anything happen to you. I can't let anyone hurt you like her." She was mumbling these sentences like a chant.

Seeing her at this stage, I couldn't help but cry myself. I tried to calm her by saying anyone can't hurt me now. I reassured her over and again. Finally, her sobs subsided and so did mine. We stayed in each others arm for a few minutes more.

Lucy seperated herself from our embrace and took a deep breath. I kept watching her fidgeting through my blurry eyes.
After a bit of fidgeting she said
" Lexi! I am sorry for acting like a child."

Hearing those words, I couldn't stop myself from scolding at her.
" Don't you dare to say sorry to me Lucy Lianne Cavvanaugh, for being a human."

She cringed at her full name but I wasn't done yet. So, I continued " Seeing you cry today, it made me realized no matter how you act tough, you still are the same little girl checking behind your arms to see if any harm is coming your way. You still are the same girl who vowed to shield me and her from the world painful ways. But Lucy, you gotta admit even shields have holes.You should forgive yourself for the holes you bear.You shouldn't be too hard in yourself.

After my little angry speech, Lucy was seeing me with her eyes and mouth both wide open. Even in my state of anger, I couldn't stop the hysterical bubble of laugh at her comical expression. She fixed her facial expression and gave me a soft smile.

I couldn't help myself, but hug her again and whisper " I love you Lucy and so does she. I mayn't say this often but I love you like Anna loved Elsa."

I sensed your smile at my neck before you whisper " And I love you like Sven loved Olaf's carrot."

"Despite of trying to be the brave Anna?" I joked

Lucy smirked at me and playfully stuck her tongue out.Before I could scold her about the bad manners, she took out the painkillers from the cabinet and gave it to me.

I knew how strong the medicine was, so I refused to take it. I told her about my plan to meet you at the morning. I reminded her that I willn't be able to wake up so early, if I took the medicine.

She scowled at your name but promised to wake me up for our plans. Slacking up, I took the medicine and went to my side of the bed. Turning of the bed-light, I reminded Lucy to wake me up.

Before I could hear her reply, I was already floating to my peaceful slumber.

Yours,
Lexi

Hi there,
I am so sorry for the late update.My final exams have started so,I couldn't update this faster. This is the longest chapter of this book and I hope you love it.
Read,vote,comment and enjoy.😊😊
Sayonara😘