Chapter 1

Hey guys! I'm so excited to write this story, cause I love this version. If you're a fan, I hope you enjoy it too. Let's get this started...

New York City

This city is filled with many things; people, traffic, people in traffic, people in a coffee shop to grab their share before they rush to work. Everyone had something to do. To most, it sounded frustrating and tiresome, but to those lurking in the shadows...they wished they could live like them. Heroes of the night lived in secret and protected the city. The people just wouldn't know. This was meant to be, because no one would understand them by what they looked like or what they were. However, they had allies from above, who they trusted and cared for like family. For years, their life in the sewers is the only domain they could walk through during the day. 

Around 8 a.m., they were doing their daily morning practice in the training hall. While doing so, their most respected teacher and father was watching from the sidelines.

WHACK!

"Ahh!"

"Hah! Gotcha, bro!"

"Why you..."

"Wuahh~~!!" 

Splinter sighed as he rubbed his temple.

"Raphael! Michelangelo! Enough fooling around and continue your training!" 

They stop running and bow to apologize.

"They're at it again, Donnie..."

"Well Leo...you know how they get when they spar." 

At that moment, Casey Jones walks in.

"Hey guys! What's up?"

"Casey~ what up, dude!" 

Mikey fist-bumps him. 

"Ahh, Casey...to what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?"

"Actually, I came to see you." 

"Did you need something from me?" 

"Yes...uh, well... it's really important. So--uh, could we talk in private?" 

"Very well. My sons, why don't you start breakfast without me. I must discuss with Casey." 

The two walk towards Splinter's room, leaving everyone else confused. 

"Gee, wonder what could be so important for Casey to ask," Donnie hums.

"Let's not worry so much," Leo advises, "I'm kinda getting hungry, now."

"I'll make some pancakes!"

"Mikey, you better not go overboard with the sugar," Raph warned. 

As they walk into the main foyer, Donnie heads to the monitors, like usual, while Mikey sets up in the kitchen, his other brothers sitting at the table. 

"Not much activity going on," Donnie hollers.

"It's only morning," Leo says, "not much goes around." 

Leo begins to read a book. Raph crosses his arms as he leanes back on his chair.

"Yeah, well...I'll take any action to stretch my legs." 

Leo rolls his eyes.

"In case ya haven't known, we don't get much company around here. It's mostly just April and Casey."