Chapter 6

[9:15 p.m.]

Lieutenant Jones pulls his car up to Casey's apartment. Just as he's getting out, his nephew and April are coming to greet him. 

"Hey you two."

"Uncle Tyler, you made it," Casey grins as he hugs him. 

"Hope you like soggy pizza, cause that's all we got."

"Not a problem." 

Mr. Jones reaches into the passenger seat and pulls out four plastic bags with food. 

"I bought Chinese takeout." 

"Great, thanks! Let me get that." 

Casey grabs them as April opened the door. They walked towards the table in the kitchen. 

"So, is Ginger coming?" A

With April's back turned, Casey gestured his arm saying, "don't mention 'it'". Mr. Jones just nods. 

"She told me she would be out, but I haven't heard from her, since then."

"Oh, I called her. She said she'll be over in a few minutes." 

They sat down as Casey gave them chopsticks. 

"I heard you and Chief Vincent solved another case today," April looked at Mr. Jones.

"Yeah, it was a team effort...but I'm not revealing anymore if you're trying to get a report out of it." He smirked as Casey and April laughed. Suddenly, Lieutenant Jones's phone rang. He picked it up while still eating. 

"Hello? Oh, hey...yeah...what...?" The other two looked at him curiously. 

"...Okay, we'll come up." 

"What's wrong?" 

His uncle just sighs. 

"It's Ginger. She wants us to meet her on the roof."

"What?" 

April got up first and went upstairs. On the roof, they see her standing there hugging her arms. 

"Ginger...is that you?" 

"Hi April." 

She takes off her eye-mask. Mr. Jones walks over and put his hands on her shoulders. 

"Hey kiddo. You okay? You look terrible."

He rubs his thumb over her cheek. 

"Uncle Tyler...can we talk?" 

The man gives a comforting hug and kisses her forehead.

"Of course, sweetie. Whatever you need..." 

[Meanwhile...]

The lair is quiet, but at the same time loud. The brothers sit before their master as he paces back and forth. It was like this for an hour while Splinter lectures them, but Leo had it even rough.

"It was wrong of me to pressure Ginger into promising such a thing and for Raphael and myself to lie." 

He faces his eldest son.

"But how could you have done this, Leonardo? Spying and breaching into Ginger's private life?" 

Leo stays silent as his brothers eye him.