Chapter 2

3rd person POV

Kai awoke from his sleep and sat up. He wiped his eyes only to cover his wrist in dry blood. He got up and opened his bedroom door slightly so he could look to see if anyone was out that would get him. It was clear, everyone must've left to go out. Figures. They would always leave him behind to go out places, in their eyes, it would be an embarrassment to be seen with him in public. He walked into the bathroom and washed his face. He cleaned all of the blood and covered the bruises on his face with a bandage. How could they. Kai was only an 8 year old boy, he didn't deserve this kind of treatment. Kai knew this as well but accepted it as he thought this was his life forever until he realised. No ones home. He decided he'd run away. Without a moment's hesitation, he ran into his room and began to shove his clothes into his bag. He put a couple toys and a drawing pad and some pencils in there too. He went into the kitchen and found a map of the town on the table. He'd need that so he can find his way around the neighbourhood. He grabbed his teddy and put on his jersey. He grabbed his bag and pulled out a paper and pen so he could write his good bye note. He left it on his bed and closed his door. Just before leaving he took one more glance at himself in the mirror and smiled. "This is.............for the best". He began to get teary eyed. No matter how much abuse he endured, he still loved his family. He ran outside and took one more look at the house. "Bye bye" he yelled before running off to find his new home..........