16 | The Ending

(Don't play the song in the media yet)

There are many people walking along the five-foot ways on both sides of the street. It is about one o'clock in the afternoon and many office-workers are out for their lunch break. So Reese sees these smartly dressed men and women hurrying towards the eating places further down the street. She had stepped out of her own companies building onto the street of London and to get lunch for herself. It has been couple of years since she got this company up and running and now she was watching it flourish well internationally.

She pulls out her phone from the back pocket of her pant suit to glance at the clock one time before walking down the street as she checks her email. That is, until her shoulder crashes into a surface.

SMACK!

Reese stumbles, her phone clattering onto the ground. It doesn't make a cracking sound, but Reese still find herself wincing. Pain shoots through her left shoulder, and her hand immediately comes up to rub out the pain.

What the fuck did she run into?

Reese's eyes spot a man on the ground huddled by another woman with a baby carrier strapped onto her back, and Reese is quick to jump into action.

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was--"

And then the man looks at her.

And holy shit.

"Carter." She mumbled under her breathe and glances at the woman with the child, "Gemma." She softly whispered under her breath. A pain blooming within her heart, she stopped checking on them few years ago and then this happens. They made a fucking baby.

"R-Reese." Carter stutters, jumping up and brushing of the dirt of his pant still keeping his wide eyes trained at Reese's face, "It's been so long."

"I know, it has. Do you want to chat in a nearby café?" Reese forces a small smile at the couple with a child.

.

(Please play the song in the media.)

Reese found herself sitting across the small family in a small and quite café. Tension incredibly thick and Reese found herself unable look at them until she mustered up her courage to speak up first. She had been so content on avoiding them for so long that she didn't even think about would happen if she had ever encountered them. After all it had been 8 years.

Hal mal isseo boja hagon (I got something to say, let's meet up)
Amu mal eopsi maju anja (Now we sit silent, facing each other)
Jigeum meorissogen (I keep thinking in my head)
I mareul haeya hana mana (Should I say this or not)
Wonhaji anhjiman (Although I don't want to)

She came to realize that she had never had proper closure with Carter. Their relationship was a little more complex that what she had with others. She held onto him without letting him know. Then left him after he knew everything. What kind of person does that? A dramatic bitch. But then she left him because she saw he was smiling much more brighter when he was with Gemma. To him, Happy was her, so Reese was happy for him. She couldn't understand or feel it, but she took the pain anyways.

Haneopsi kkeureoango itdeon (I'd been holding on to you for so long)
Neol nwaya hae (But now I must let go)
Nan amugeosdo haejul su itneun ge eopsneunde (There's nothing I can do for you)
Naega eopseoyaman haengbokhal neoraseo (It's the only way to make you happy)
Noha noha noha (So I let go, let go, let go)

"It's been a while, Carter. I see you have a child with Gemma now." Reese forced a small smile on her face as she spoke to them.

"Yes, yes we do. Her name is Charlize Satome Winston. Our second chils is on the way too" Carter smiled back, not noticing how forced Reese smile was. She visibly clenched her jaws when she heard the last name of the child. She once hoped that she could share the last name of Carter. Well she guessed not anymore, no.