Chapter 10: New People Never Happen

All Rights Reserved.

A/N: So guys, this chapter was not so fun to write because of the lack of action. It does have moments that have to take place before the next chapter though!

Are you ready to meet the family? ;) You'll know what I mean in the next chapter ;) ;)

God Bless y'all! And don't forget to check out my stories, I'll Stand For You and my new story, The Bad Boy and The Saint!

I have goals for this story so I'm gonna start asking for a certain amount of votes and comments because they make me happy! So... let's start small. Five votes? And three comments maybe... I don't know, I'm not so used to this! But I think it's very little I'm asking for so comment and vote!

Chapter 10: New People Never Happen

I walked down the hill, I still felt shivers in my bones because I could still feel it's stare, but from where? I don't know. My feet padded lightly against the dirt ground and I hummed to myself mostly as an attempt to keep myself calm. I could feel it's beady eyes on my back and I didn't like the feeling.

I dug my hand into my purse and searched for my phone. The little device was cute and had all my music on it. Plugging in the headphones, I listened to some music. Something to distract from the stare. I sped up my pace as I turned up an all time favorite. Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. I hummed to the song and lets the lyrics take me away. I could feel it's stare, almost stronger. I looked both ways and just went off into a jog.

With what I was currently wearing, I didn't look like a girl scared out of her mind although that is what I felt like. Five minutes later I finally reached the busy part of town. It would have been ten minutes but after I broke off into a jog, I went into in all out run. People stared at me bewildered as I put the brakes on my feet and stopped abruptly. Girls whispered and stared while guys looked me up and down. I groaned and stomped of into the other direction.

I didn't see any of the people I had met before with Maggie and Gabe so I guess I was going solo. Walking into the one of the boutiques where people weren't crowded by like mosquitoes, I walked in. The AC hit me and I felt instant relief. That run made sure I broke a sweat. A lot of it.

I slowly walked in, in a zombie-like state. Walking into the back row I saw many different types of clothes, none that I really cared about. There were all miscellaneous things. Cropped t-shirts that looked more like bra's without the padding and then shorts that were basically underwear with denim.

I walked through the store just doing that. I could feel the glares from the cashier as I walked out with nothing in my hand. I simply couldn't be bothered.

The air around me grew excruciatingly cold. Something was up today and I didn't know what.  The scenery of the small cute town became dark. Not dark in a way meaning lack of light. No. No way. Dark, like something not of this realm entered this part of town. I gulped as I tugged my cardigan closer to me, but to no avail. No strength radiated from it and no warmth. My cardigan wasn't him. It wasn't Gabriel.

I sighed and let the tight grip loose and just continued walking. Ever had a feeling that something was missing? I could hear the laughter seeping through the walls from Maggie and Ruth as though I were still home. I could easily imagine them giggling about the simplest thing while there life goes out of whack. But they trust some unknown force to keep them up. God, had proved His existence to me the first time I was alone in that place. But had he proved that he cared about someone like me?