Chapter 17: Just a Crash

All Rights Reserved.

A/N: This chapter will be fully edited tonight. This chapter is slightly flirtatious between the main characters, but definitely not inappropriate. Reminder: Jesus loves you. ❤

Chapter 17: Just a Crash

We sat there for a bit, just talking about God. It was different. The atmosphere in the room has changed. I didn't feel caged. I felt free. The mystery man who just popped in my life was... a God.

Everything was going well too. Autumn was coming in and the breeze was lightly hitting the window with small wush sounds. I could finally feel the heat coming up though the small metal box in the corner.

Gabe had such a light in his eyes. He spoke so quickly and with excitement. I could see his muscles bunching up as he waved his arms around, speaking about the mysteries that would be revealed when we met God.

I accepted Him. God I mean.

It was a weird feeling. Just like when I went to their church. I felt tingling, then a warmth that spread throughout my body, and then everything went calm. I was at peace. I felt like there was a long rope that now tied me to Him and all I had to do was pull Him closer. It was so easy.

"And guess what else?" I giggled and placed my hands on my knees while staring in his wide green eyes. They were like a puppy's and they were glistening happily.

"What?" I asked with a huge smile.

"There's no more sadness or pain or sorrow. There's just beautiful smiles all over the place, such as yours." I felt my face heat up and I pulled my hand away. He cleared his throat, obviously noticing my reaction.

"Sorry," he said.

"No It's-"

Crash!

We both jumped. "What was-"

Crash! Crash! Crash!

It all happened so fast. Things were crashing downstairs, but that's not what worried me. No not at all. There were heavy footsteps coming up.

I felt myself grip Gabe so tight and he held me too. I could hear him mumble something under his breath, but I didn't exactly have the stability to hear what it was.

Wind swept up under the door, I could see it. How could I see it!? It was a white mist.

Then silence fell around us. I didn't let go though. I could feel something- something behind that door. My grip on Gabe probably cut off his blood circulation, but he didn't push me away.

"Stay calm." I looked at him like he was crazy. Stay calm!? What a joke. My entire body was shaking in fear, my calm place was hijacked and I had no more calm left in me.

My teeth began to chatter as a cold wind swept up around me. I cringed and shut my eyes tight. The lights around us flickered on and off.

"It's angry."

"A-a-angry?" I asked or at least attempted to ask, but my teeth were slamming against each other violently because of the cold. And a tad bit of fear. Okay a ton of fear.

"It can't come in." Gabe yanked my grip off of him and turned to me. He held my shoulders tightly and looked me in the eyes. He looked so normal, as if there wasn't something outside the door!

"Okay, I was hoping not to rush this, but you have to know. Akila, you are being hunted." Oh because words like that don't cause heart issues. "Right now, that thing outside the door was sent to destroy you. I need you to stay calm because if you don't, you'll let it in. Your lack of faith will get you killed." And that just doesn't cause a girl like me to fall into cardiac arrest!