little things; 5

i fell helplessly in love with you and your little things

;

It had been seven months since I'd seen Zayn, and it was unbearable. My life was unusually dull without Zayn in it every day to have a good laugh at me when I fall, crack the cheesiest Dad jokes there are, or simply just be there

I had been planning to surprise him while he was on tour for months and months, and the date had been set for so long. The anticipation for this day never died down, I counted down the days since it was set. 

And finally, that day came.

* * *

Violet and I listened to Up All Night on the way to the airport, belting the lyrics so loud people stared at us at stop lights, and one guy even video taped us dancing and singing. Violet and Niall had gotten very close over the past while of knowing each other, so she had decided to tag along with me to surprise Niall. 

"Oh my God, you realize we're gonna be with our best friends in like four hours," Violet commented as we boarded the plan. My stomach did a somersault as I realized I was going to be face to face with this boy. And it might ruin everything or change everything, in a good way. I swallowed before continuing, my nervousness only built up throughout the flight.

I took the window seat so I could look out at the white, cotton ball like clouds as we flew through the sky, miles and miles further away from home every minute we spent on the plane. The flight only lasted two hours, so it only felt like we were on the plane for ten minutes. 

We had another two hour bus ride to get through, but then I'd finally be able to come fact to face with my best friend again. Two hours. 

We got on the bus and took our seats, the nervousness was slowly fading to excitement as I watched the flashing of green outside my window as we drove, my head spinning at the thought of being in my best friend's arms in less than half an hour.

And finally, we were there. I could hear the music blasting as I exited the bus, my stomach turning itself inside out as I heard Zayn's voice echo throughout the speakers. I swallowed the lump in my throat as we approached the tour bus. We were greeted by Paul with two enormous hugs. He took our luggage for us, so we began to make our way toward the entrance.

We walked through corridors, got lost several times, and tripped a couple times before we finally ended up side stage. My breath hitched at my throat as I saw my best friend on stage, thousands of fans screaming and cheering in the audience. Violet and I stood side stage, watching as our best friends finished their song. Niall looked ever so slightly to the left and saw us, immediately yelling Zayn's name and pointing. 

Zayn slowly turned his head, our eyes locked. I sprinted onto stage, Zayn met me half way. Instead of hugging me, his crashed onto mine. My breath hitched at my throat, my heart hammered against my rib cage, everything was in slow motion and- time had stopped. Mental fireworks exploded in my brain as I wrapped my arms around his neck, finally in his arms again.

And time had started again. He pulled away and pulled me into a suffocating embrace, shivers still running down my spine, my knees still weak, still unable to breathe. I pulled away and looked into his eyes, my head spinning with thoughts as I was overwhelmed with joy; I hadn't ruined everything.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time," Zayn breathed, a smile spreading across his lips. "You have no idea," I said, my eyebrows still furrowed as I replayed the scene in my mind. 

"Wait you mean-I didn't just ruin our friendship? I didn't just cut you out of my life?" Zayn asked, shock obvious in his tone and the expression on his face was tell-tell. I laughed before once again wrapping my arms around his neck, "you thought you'd be getting rid of me? Zayn, you have no idea. I've felt this way about you since you left, I just never realized it was like this."

His eyes widened in shock. He shrugged before kissing me again, once again, I went weak at the knees. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and mental fireworks exploded in my brain. My breath hitched at my throat and shivers ran down my spine as he placed his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him. "Okay, we can discuss this later, entertain your fans," I said once I'd pulled away. I ran side stage again, Violet following me.

* * *

"You mean, you actually feel this way about me?" Zayn asked. We were sitting on a tree branch similar to the old tree we'd sit on back at home. "Yes. I understand if you don't want a relationship right now because of-" I began, but he cut me off, "we weren't right for each other. We've both moved on, we're over each other. It didn't take long, Al, if it didn't take that long it wasn't right. I feel something special with you. It feels right. So, if you're ready for anything, I'm up for it."

"Does this make us official?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Yes," he answered, his eyes grazing mine. I moved closer to him, my heart hammering against my rib cage. We wrapped at arm around my shoulders, his hand squeezing my arm. Immediately, where he placed his hand suddenly felt warm and butterflies erupted in the pit of my stomach. Chills ran down my spine as he gently kissed the top of my head, my head spinning with shock.

We climbed down the tree and made our way back to the tour bus in silence. Halfway up the hill I took his hand in mine and laced our fingers together, immediately smiling at the sight. We continued to walk in silence, watching as the scenery passed by us.

We stepped on the tour bus to see all of our friends sitting in the sitting area, evidently waiting for us. Violet's curious eyes wandered to our entwined hands, and a hand flew up to her mouth as she gasped. Suddenly, all of them began cheering and jumping around. Zayn and I looked at each other before looking back at them, our eyes wide as they danced around the room hooting and hollering.

And suddenly, Niall grabbed Violet's hand. He pulled her aside, shrugged, and crashed his lips to her's. He stood rooted to the spot, completely frozen for a minute or two, before responding. She moved her arms to wrap around his neck, and moved to closer to him.

"Well damn, you guys share an anniversary now!" Louis yelled happily, all the guys murmuring in agreement. 

"I like you, Violet Cooper," said Niall, looking into Violet's eyes. Violet laughed, "I like you too, Niall Horan."

Zayn and I kicked our shoes off and sat down on the couch together, pulling a blanket over us, we all began discussing the plans for surprising Zayn and Niall.

"Are you guys coming with us for the rest of tour?" Liam asked as he leaned forward, his elbows rested in his knees. Violet and I nodded. I curled into Zayn as I shivered. "Cold?" he asked, pulling the blanket up over my arms, he also wrapped his arms around me. I inhaled and exhaled deeply.

Everything felt right.

* * *

OREUGIREGOIWFHUBRGOIGRIUEFHYU 

also double update look at me! sorry this chapter is so short, i'll try to make the next few longer, i promise.