little things;9

S I X M O N T H S L A T E R 

***

I sat with my legs stretched out across Zayn's lap, the palm of his hand rested gently upon my kneecap, a feeling of warmth surfaced as his hand stayed in the same place, same position for long periods of time. Harry, Niall, and Louis sat at a table with an interviewer, speaking on a radio.

Niall raised a glass of tea to his lips as Harry spoke, "I think it was the tenth of like-" Suddenly, Niall dropped his tea. "OH FOR GOD'S SAKE NIALL!" Louis shouted, jumping up out of his chair. Niall then screamed in agonizing pain as the hot tea seeps through his shirt. At that moment, Violet entered the room.

She furrowed her eyebrows and sucked in a breath. "For the benefit of us all, Niall has just dropped his tea," Harry announced, more to the microphone than Violet. Niall stood from his seat and turned to Violet. A smirk appeared on his face, "Do you want a hug?"

"No," She answered flatly, holding in hand out in front of her body. "Are you sure?" He asked, walking toward her. "I'm sure!" She said, beginning to back up. Niall then broke into a run, chasing her around the downstairs level. 

Liam slipped into the room, phone pressed to his ear.

"Okay. Alright, we'll be careful. Okay, bye," He said into the phone before bringing it down from his ear and pressing "end call". He smiled brightly, "Who wants to go for a boat ride?" 

"A boat ride? You have a boat?" Zayn asked skeptically. "Well, I rented one, so really, that wasn't a question, we're going for a boat ride and you're gonna like it," Liam said, winking, he turned around and headed up the stairs. Zayn and I glanced at each other and shrugged, following Liam up the stairs, I headed for my room while Zayn headed for his.

* * *

I rested my head back onto the pillow of the lounge chair, the harsh rays of the bright sun hitting my sensitive skin. "Lyssa! Come over here!" Louis called. My eyes fluttered open, the bright sun filled my vision, causing sunspots to dance around me. Once my vision cleared, I stood and walked over to the boys standing by the edge of the boat. "We're gonna push Zayn over the edge," Louis whispered to me.

"Oh, Lou, I don't think that's such a good idea-"

"Why not?" Louis asked, making his way toward Zayn. "Because he can't sw-" I was cut off by Zayn's shrill scream as he plummeted off of the boat and into the water below his. "SWIM! HE CAN'T SWIM!" I shouted, climbing over the edge of the boat, I quickly dove into the water below us, followed by Louis, Niall, Harry, then Liam. 

We all held him up together,  his breathing rushed and heavy. "Hey, hey, you gotta slow your breathing. Breathe with me, ready - in - out - in - out- good," I said, reaching my right hand out to cup the side of his face. His breathing slowed as he calmed. "Alright, we need to get back over to the boat," Harry said, glancing back at the vessel. "Oh, really? No shit, sherlock," I replied, rolling my eyes.

Harry took a breath to retort, but Liam's hand flew up, "Both of you, shut up! Come on, Violet'll throw a lifesaver any second now." Right as Liam finished, a lifesaver flew through the air and landed just behind Niall. Niall grabbed it and pulled it over to place it right in front of Zayn. "Okay, you'll need to go over and get your body in it. I'll go under with you, okay? Alright, on three. One, two, three," With that, we both dipped under the water and came back up just a few seconds later.

"Okay, are you in?" I asked, he nodded weakly. I gave Violet a thumbs up before swimming back to the boat myself. I pulled myself up and over the edge, placing my feet on the deck. 

Louis was the last one to pull himself over the edge, I folded my arms over my chest as he approached me.

"I'm sor-"