little things;8

it takes years of trust to break down the wall around my heart, and just seconds to shatter my heart.

;

"It's funny how one moment you're totally in love with me, and then the next your phone matters more than me! I may seem needy, but I do not give a damn! I swear that phone comes before our relationship and I'm over it! I'm done! I have a flight booked for tomorrow, so I'll be gone, out of your perfect hair by tomorrow!" I shouted, my voice breaking as my eyes swelled with tears. Zayn's facial expression changed as a silent tear slowly fell down my cheek, staining the delicate skin. He bit his lip and avoided my eyes, shoving his hands in his pockets. I blinked in an attempt to stop anymore tears from falling, but it did no good, as more continued to spill from my eyes. 

Violet walked in the kitchen, her eyes wide. I gave her a sideways glance and stormed out of the room, my heart giving a great jolt as I angrily walked past Zayn, not giving him another glance as I exited the room. I climbed into my bunk, bringing my knees to my chest I rested my chin on my knees, staring at the wall in front of me as my vision blurred with silent tears. I swallowed the growing lump in my throat and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, swinging my legs over the side of my bunk, I began to pack my things quickly. Louis entered the room, immediately furrowing his eyebrows, "what're you doing?" I clenched my jaw uncomfortably, messing with the strings on my sweatshirt as my eyes wandered to my sweatpants.

"Leaving," I answered plainly, I swallowed hard, attempting to stop the tears rushing to my eyes. Louis folded his arms over his chest, his brows still furrowed, he sat there, watching me as I packed my things into my suitcase. 

"Can I help you?" I asked angrily, slamming the pile of jeans I was holding down into my suitcase. Louis leaned against the wall, rolling his eyes, he sighed as he began, "you can go back in there and un-break up with your boyfriend!" I scoffed, "he's not my boyfriend anymore. It's bullshit, Louis. I just want some time with him." Louis raises his eyebrows at me, distrustful. I sassily shrugged at him, continuing to pack things into my suitcase. 

"Well, I don't think it's because of that. I think something else is going on," said Louis, tapping his foot against the wall. I sighed impatiently, zipping my suitcase. Louis continued to stare at me, he clearly wasn't planning on going anywhere any time soon. 

"Alright, fine, fine!" I surrendered, throwing my hands in the air, I slapped them back down to my sides. Louis grinned triumphantly and made himself comfortable on the floor next to me, placing his chins in his palms, he stared at me expectantly, waiting for me to begin. 

I awkwardly played with the strings on my sweatshirt, thinking over how to begin. I sighed, "I can't help but feel insecure. As much as I want to say I'm the one for him, I can't help but feel like he's gonna meet someone and fall head over heels for her. Whether it could be a fan, someone he knows, a childhood friend. . . The list goes on. I guess the question is, am I the one for him? I don't know, and all I want is for him to be happy," I say, fluttering my eyelids in an attempt to block out the tears that threatened to spill. 

Louis furrowed his eyebrows again, "have you not seen the way he looks at you?" He asked, sitting up straight. I shrugged, "just because he thinks he's in love with me doesn't mean we're soulmates." Louis made an exasperated kind of noise and flung his head into his hands tiredly. I shrugged, "it's the truth, Lou, and the truth hurts. I'm flying out tomorrow." 

"I THINK NOT!" Harry shouted, storming into the room. I stood up and put my hands on my hips, mocking him. Harry raised his eyebrows threateningly at me, "YOU GO BACK OUT THERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT AND BE WITH HIM AGAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING RIDICULOUS AND HE'S BARELY EVER ON HIS PHONE!" Harry shouted, pointing at the door. I rolled my eyes and drew a deep breath, "I'M FLYING OUT TOMORROW, SO SUCK IT UP, BITCH!" I shouted back, whirling around, I finished packing my things and angrily got into my bunk.