2

|Aspen's POV|

I was sitting here trying to process this information. I already had about a million thoughts running through my head, why not add a billion more. The war between the humans and werewolves was here, but I thought we had more time. We need more time. I need more time! I just lost my father and children. This cannot be happening.

They looked at me, waiting for my reaction. Once the startling news was fully processed through my brain, I burst into tears and pulled my knees up to my chest. I started to rock back and forth as Aaron and Ben both came over to comfort me.

When they put their arms around me, something alarming happened. Where Aaron was touching me I felt sparks. When you are marked by a second chance mate the sparks are supposed to go away. Why didn't they go away?

I was thinking about the sparks and I was finally calmed down mostly when Blake walked into the room. When he saw that Ben and Aaron were both holding me, he looked back and forth between all three of us with a confused face. His eyes then locked on Aaron and his eyes started to burn holes into Aaron's arms that were currently wrapped tightly around me.

Aaron looked at Blake with a confused look on his face. Then, as realization crossed over his face he slowly released me from his hold. Ben still held onto me though. Blake then went to open his mouth right as Aaron began to explain things. "So, I received a strange call telling me that I've been warned. I had my security team track the call and it came from Dallas Texas. Right as they figured that out Mathis Parks, your Alpha, called telling me that 'the war' is here. Which by that he means that the war between humans and werewolves has officially began."

Aaron said all of that so quickly that it took Blake a good two minutes to comprehend. Anger, frustration, confusion, hurt, guilt, and depression all crossed through his eyes. What does he have to be guilty for?

Blake finally got his thoughts together and began to talk, "what do we do?" Aaron thought about it for a long time and he finally said, "we call a meeting. We all need to think of the strongest people we know, both mentally and physically strong. We need to get them here and we need to plan."

Everyone in the tiny and cramped hospital room thought about it, and what seemed like only one millisecond later we had all agreed. I looked at the three boys in the room and spoke with my Luna voice, "let's get to it!"

|5 Days Later||Olivia's POV|

Today we were holding the meeting. It was only a meeting of the essential people. We had a bunch of the werewolf council and Alphas from the other packs. The only people I knew here were Luke and his wife, Aspen, Blake, Aaron, Alpha Parks, Ben and his mate Hunter, and Brantley.

I've only known some of them a short while, but I became really fast friends with most of them. Even Aaron, surprisingly. Aspen doesn't know that though. I don't know how she would react if she found out. She literally despises the guy in every sense of the word.  She might actually and quite literally burn holes into me.

I looked around at all of the other people seated around the table. The room reeking of fear and sweat. Luke was seated to my right and Aspen on my left with both their spouses on the opposite side of them. It's in times like these that I miss Remi the most. Everyone else is with their mate and I'm sitting here regretting not telling Remi that I loved him before he left that day.

Aaron was at the head of the table and he finally stood and called the meeting to order. "Hello everyone, Alphas, elders, mates, and pack members. Tonight we are here to discuss the fact that..." He stopped, I think for dramatic effect. "the war between us and the humans have officially begun," gasps erupted amongst the table, "and we need to stick together united as werewolves. We need a plan and that's what this meeting is for."

Aaron turned around to the gigantic white board and grabbed a bright-pink erasable marker. "We will now take suggestions on strategies we could use..."

Almost every single person in the room rose their hands. Aspen and I were the ones who didn't. I was going to, but then Aspen caught my eye. Her eyes were latched right onto Aaron's toned body and they hadn't moved from there for about 5 minutes. No one else seemed to notice this unusual behavior except for me, but then...

###

I was going to try and update yesterday, but I just didn't have time. The next update will be within the next week. Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

Comment! Vote! Follow me!