4

|Luke's POV|

An immense feeling of dread came over me as I slowly walked in the direction of the pack house. I kicked at any small rock or pinecone I came across. I need to plan out what I'm going to tell Jessie. I don't know how to explain this to her. It's just so complicated. Plus, I can't tell anyone what it says in the prophecy about mate bonds. I can't risk the already quickly growing tension to gain momentum.

I walked so slowly that it felt like hours before I reached the pack house. I looked up at the window that looks into my shared bedroom with Jessie and saw her looking down at me with a huge grin on her face. I know what I have to say. I don't want to break her, but keeping it a secret will only hurt her further. I love her so much, but I need to do what is best for the werewolf race. I just hope she lets me stay involved with the baby. If there is one thing in this world that if I lose it will break me is my own child.

I put a slight grin on my face as I looked up to Jessie, but as I walked into the pack house my smile dropped to the floor and a frown took its place. I walked up the stairs to our shared bedroom and opened the door. Jessie's face lit up as she realized it was me. She ran, as fast as she could, to me and gave me a passionate kiss.

When I didn't start kissing her back she pulled away and gave me a bewildered look. I took her hands. Her hands are so soft. I kissed her hands as a tear escaped my eye. It dropped onto her hand and I released her hand. I then looked into her eyes. Her eyes were then searching my eyes for some indication of what was to come.

I looked her in the eyes and said, "I kissed Olivia," I could literally hear and see her heartbreak right there. Tears welled in her eyes as I continued, "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you, but I'm in love with her." Jessie looked away from me. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hands and then looked at me.

I now stared into her soulless eyes. It's like the warmth and light left them the moment I was finished talking. I f*****g hate myself right now. I can't believe I did this to her. I'm a f*****g terrible person. She stared into my eyes and then exited the room. That was the last time I ever saw Jessie...

|Jessie's POV|

I can't believe he did that. I am having his baby and he did that. Ugh! And with his ex-sister-in-law. Ugh! This is so messed up!

I was outside and driving away in a matter of seconds. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Luke looking at me as I drove away. I was finally outside of this packs borders when I got a great idea.

I immediately pulled out my phone and dialed the number of the person who I know would provide me what I wanted. "Hello," a deep, raspy voice came over the phone. I remained silent. "Jessie, what do you need?"

I gulped and then hesitantly spoke, "I'm willing to give you information about the werewolves plans in exchange for the safety of my child and me." I heard him sigh and rub his chin. He rubs his chin whenever he is debating something. Every single time.

"Okay, meet me at our usual spot and if you tell me everything, I can guarantee the safety of you and your child..."

###

Sorry for the late update! Enjoy!