3

|Luke's POV|

Tensions were running high within the pack house. All the packs in North America were staying on Aaron's pack land. A lot of people were finding their mates, at least one good thing is coming out of this war. There was a lot of love going around, but the longer we spent with each other, the more the tension thickened.

One of the main sources was between Blake and Aaron. At the meeting, Blake caught Aspen staring at Aaron in a really inappropriate way. When Blake caught her he made a big scene and the meeting was ended early. Blake and Aspen have been slowly drifting apart and Aaron and Aspen have been getting closer. Everyone's eyes are on them. Every move they make is being watched by people who are curious how that love triangle will end.

I love Aspen like a sister and I just want what is best for her. I know she'll make the right choice, but I'm still scared for her. I would never want to have to choose between 2 mates. Anyways, with all the drama going on, we still need to prepare for this war. It is fast approaching and Olivia and Aspen need to be prepared to protect the werewolf race at all costs.

Today I'm training them in controlling and exploring new powers. I've studied the prophecy that their powers come from more than anyone else so I've been appointed by the werewolf council to train them.

I was walking to the lake that we decided to train at when I got a mind-link from Aaron. "If you hurt her, I will kill you." Well, that's great. He is obviously talking about Aspen, but the thing is, she might get hurt. This training is tough, mentally and physically. It takes a major toll on you no matter how strong your resolve is.

I got to the lake and saw Aspen and Olivia were already in their sports bras and shorts. They were having a heated conversation, but I didn't want to take the time to focus my hearing to find out what it is about.

Aspen saw me, but Olivia didn't and I took the time to rake my eyes up and down her perfect body. I don't know why, but ever since we've been at this pack together I've been developing a mate bond. No one knows though. They can't. If they find out I have to explain why.

The reason why is simple. It's in the prophecy that the two wolves who are chosen by the Moon Goddess to save the werewolf race will only be at their strongest when they have a strong mate bond with their one true mate. Since my brother died, I became Olivia's. That also means that Aspen and Aaron need to end up together. I really love Blake, but what is best for our race is Aspen and Aaron being together.

I didn't realize I was still staring at Olivia until I heard them burst out laughing. I felt my face heat up and just shook my head as I started to walk over to them. They were still laughing hysterically when I got to them and I just shook my head some more. God, Olivia's laugh was like heaven.

|Aspen's POV|

This was the first time I've truly laughed since I lost my twins and dad. I didn't have time to mourn them properly and I've just been holding it all inside. I think I finally broke the dams that have been holding it all in because in the middle of laughing I started sobbing and I fell to the ground. Olivia was immediately next to me and holding me as I rocked back and forth, Luke took a few seconds to respond and he came and rubbed my back soothingly.

It was probably about ten minutes later and I don't know how I was still crying. You would think I would've run out of tears by now. I was thinking about who I've lost and I realized I needed and I wanted my daughter and mom. They are the only two who can truly help me right now.

Emma and my mom are with Aaron so that Emma could spend the day with him and get to know him, I caved. He kept asking to get to know her and I don't know why, but I've been having some strong mate bond feelings towards him lately and now I just can't seem to say no to him. I mind-linked Aaron and told him to meet me at my mom's house.