9

|Third Person POV|

"How could you not tell us?!" Screamed both Aaron and Luke.

Olivia and Aspen looked at each other and then down at their laps, both of them feeling like a toddler who got scolded for putting his hand in the cookie jar. Aspen was the first to speak, "we're sorry okay. We know it was wrong, okay? And I tried telling you Aaron, but then Luke came in and I didn't have time."

Aaron's facial features soften at the words that came out of Aspen's mouth. He sighed and rubbed his face. "It's okay," he whispered and then Aspen jumped up and ran to hug him. He dug his face into her neck and inhaled her scent. He sighed in content and then lifted her up and walked out the room.

Luke watched them walk out and then looked back to Olivia with an expecting look. She looked up at him and breathed as she got up and walked to the hooks on the wall. She smirked as she pulled out a little golden box from her purse that was hanging on the wall. She held it and then handed it to Luke.

Luke held the medium sized box in his hand, not really knowing what to expect. He looked up at her and she gave him a nod, encouraging him to open the box. He smiled and then opened it. Inside was a onesie that read, 'daddy's favorite little one.' He held it in his hand and then smiled up at Olivia.

They stood like that until Olivia couldn't take it and trapped his lips in a kiss. Luke pulled away and said, "I'm still pissed about what you and Aspen did," then he wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Olivia smiled at his comment and let him hold her. "I know, I know," she whispered.

|Aspen's POV|

"It was so stupid of you to participate in the battle, but I'm glad you and our little guy are okay," Aaron whispered while kissing my tiny belly. I laughed at his remarks.

"Little guy?" I questioned. He looked up with a sparkle in his eyes that I hadn't seen for a long time. The sparkled made his green eyes look intensely greener and I could literally just look into them all day.

"Call it father's intuition," he shrugged and kissed my belly again.

"Is that a thing?" I asked with a sarcastic tone. He nodded and then began to talk to our baby. I looked at him and listened to his words. He is going to be such an amazing dad. I can't believe I ran away when I was pregnant with Emmaline, I mean I didn't know at the time, but still. I took these experiences away from him. I feel like such an awful person right now. I took this away from him, didn't even give him the choice. What type of mate am...

"Aspen, why are you crying?" I looked into his eyes and only then did I feel the tears streaming down my face. I sniffled and then wiped them away.

"I feel like an awful person. Seeing how you are with this baby makes me feel terrible for taking away these moments when I was pregnant with Emmaline. I just can't help but feel guilty," I whispered, crying harder.

Aaron then pulled me into his body, cuddling me while he whispered in my ear, "Aspen don't feel this way. If you had stayed when you got pregnant with Emmaline, knowing what I was like then, it would have been nothing like this," he took a breath and then continued, "I was a player back then, and when I found out you ran away I wasn't really remorseful until I realized you're the only person who I would ever love, and the took me a very long time. I hate myself for knowing this, but this is not how Emmaline's pregnancy would have been treated by an 18-year-old me."

My crying stopped as I took in his words. I kinda believed him, but I think he is just trying to make me feel better. I love him for it, but I can't stop my mind from considering what life would be like if I had stayed. Would we have more kids already? Would I have suffered as many miscarriages as I have? Would I have met Olivia? Would this war still be raging?

I believe that if one thing in the past is changed, the entire future would be different, the Butterfly Effect. I believe that everything happens for a reason and so I need to stop pondering the what-ifs and focus on the future, but right now I'm just going to continue soaking up the time I have with Aaron. The calm before the storm that's heading our way.

|Aaron's POV|

I was stroking Aspen's hair as she snored. She is so cute when she is sleeping. I looked at her face. Worry lines etched onto her face. You can see the wear that the last few years have taken on her body, but even with that, she is still the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on. I'm so lucky. I honestly don't understand why the gods would pair me with such a perfect person. She shifted a little and I was careful not to move too much so she wouldn't wake up.

In all honesty, I should be sleeping right now, but I can't stop thinking about our conversation. I meant every word I said, if she had stayed, things with Emmy's pregnancy would not be like this. These last six years have changed me, for the better, but honestly, I'm glad I had time to get my shit together before I became an official father. I wouldn't have been a good father six years ago that's for sure.

I finally let sleep take over and my eyes closed. I haven't sleep that much so I was glad to finally get some rest, but then a scream came from the gorgeous girl beside me and I was now on full alert. I looked at her right as her eyes popped open. It took a second, but she finally looked at me and then gulped.

|Luke's POV|

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..." Olivia screamed as she started shaking. I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. I immediately ran to her and held her. She kept shaking and then opened her eyes. I looked up and down her body but saw nothing wrong. I looked her in the eyes, "Luke..." she whispered.

Dam, I really had to pee.