6.1

|Blake's POV|

When I woke up to the cold air I snuggled the warm body I was holding, closer to me and smelt her. I was satisfied until memories of last night flooded through my head and my eyes popped open. I looked at the girl I was holding and it was not Aspen.

My mind is racing and I wasn't thinking as I jumped out of the bed and looked around the room for my clothes. I found them scattered everywhere. I can't believe I did that. I cheated on Aspen. I'm a fucking terrible person.

I thought about what I was going to tell Aspen as I got dressed. There is no way she won't smell... whatever this girl's name is on me. I can't lie, but I know the truth is going to hurt. I just don't want to lose her or Emmy. I can't.

I was dressed and I went to exit the room as I heard the girl speak, "Blake, where are you going?" I cringed and turned to look at the woman. "This was a mistake, I have to go," is all I said before I went running out.

|Aspen's POV|

I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling and rubbing Emmy's back as I thought about what happened last night. Aaron kissed me, I kissed Aaron, Aaron and I kissed. I can't believe we kissed. I always told myself that after what he did I would never be his friend again, never be his anything again. Now he is all I can think about. I can only think about his smooth lips on mine and my hands tangled in his silky hair.

I shouldn't be having these thoughts about him. I'm with Blake. Oh my god, I cheated, I cheated on Blake. I can't believe I'm a cheater. How am I going to tell Blake? I'm not a good liar so lying goes out the window. I'm going to lose Blake. Teardrops fell down my face as I thought about Blake leaving me, hating me.

I cried silently, I didn't even realize that Emmy was awake until her tiny hands reached up and wiped my tears away. I didn't even realize I had stopped rubbing her back. "Why are you, sad mama?" She questioned, her eyes full of curiosity. I smiled through the tears and replied, "mama made a mistake that might cost her something she greatly values."

She thought about it and then she quickly wrapped her arms around me, "don't worry mama, you'll always have me," she whispered into my ear. I smiled and started crying harder as I hugged her back. I love Emmaline so much. She is the only thing that keeps me going. She is the light of my life.

|Blake's POV|

I reached Aspen and I's shared room and focused on the sounds in the room before entering. "Why are you, sad mama?" Emmy questioned. Aspen responded with, "mama made a mistake that might cost her something she greatly values." I was shocked at her response and the only thought that ran through my mind was, 'what did she do?'

I stood out the door contemplating if I should enter or not when Aspen's mom turned down the hallway. She saw me and smiled. I smiled back and she stopped in front of the door as well. "Hi, Blake." She greeted.

"Hello, Mrs. Reynolds," I whispered, not wanting Aspen to hear me.

She nodded and then walked into the room. Emmy screamed and ran to her. I walked into the room and stood against the wall as Mrs. Reynolds told Aspen she wanted to have a day with Emmy. Aspen nodded and told Emmy to have fun. Emmy squealed and ran out. Mrs. Reynold laughed and chased after her. Emmy seems to be the only joy in her life right now.

Aspen and I were in silence as I looked at her. Tear stains were on her face along with makeup from yesterday. I went back and forth and then sighed. I just need to be honest I told myself.

"I need to tell you something," we both confessed at the same time.

"Can I go first," I pleaded. She nodded yes to my request and I began. "Last night, when I left, I met a lady and I ended up sleeping with her. It was a mistake. She means nothing. I don't even remember her name." I defended myself. Aspen looked at me and I could see that she was processing it.