8

|Aspen's POV||Two Weeks Later|

It's a beautiful day. A wonderful day. Even with everything that has happened with Blake and the impending war, this day is perfect. Every single thing about it. Nothing can ruin this day. I'm currently sitting beside my best friend, looking up at the clouds and thinking about our future.

Olivia also looks deep in thought. I sigh in contentment and close my eyes, smelling the nature around me. Taking in as much of the calm as I can. It was only then that I heard the sound of 2 faint heartbeats. My eyes popped open and sat up. "Are you pregnant?!" I screamed looking over at her.

At my comment, she sprung up and looked at me, "how did you..." she began, but I interjected.

"I have pretty amazing senses," I said smirking at her.

She laughed at my cocky remark and nodded, confirming my suspicions. My eyes lit up and I felt the temperature get warmer. I squealed and then blurted out, "I am too."I covered my mouth and I got nervous. I didn't mean to tell her, I wanted Aaron to be the first to know.

Her eyes basically bulged out of her head as she looked up at me. "Oh my goodness," she whispered, "wait, guess what this means?"

I looked at her confused and shrugged.

"Ugh," she complained, "it means our first two children are best friends and so will our second children!" My eyes lit up and I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"Have you told Aaron?" She asked, automatically knowing he was the father. I shook my head no. "I haven't told Luke either," she confessed, sighing and laying back down on the blanket.

I laid back down as well and looked up to the sky. It's exciting for both of us. We are excited to be moms again, but with the impending battle I know we're both terrified of our futures. I need this baby to be okay. I cannot survive another loss. I've lost too many people this year, but I have a feeling that the losses have just begun.

I knew exactly what I need to do, I grabbed Olivia's hand and then placed the other on my belly. She knew what I was doing as soon as I closed my eyes. She then also put a hand on her belly and we both focused our magic into one spell. A spell that would protect these babies. Basically, even if we were injured to the point of death we would not fully die until the baby was born. "This is the only way," I whispered to both Olivia and myself.

"The only way..."

|Later that Night||Aaron's POV|

"Alpha."

I looked up to a young warrior from one of the packs staying on my land and saw fear in his eyes. This alarmed me and I immediately went into serious mode. "What is it?" I asked.

"Two of our warriors have been injured. They were patrolling the borders and a few hunters attacked. The hunters have been captured and are awaiting interrogation," He said briefly and then looked everywhere but me.

"Okay... um... send your alpha to interrogate him and then to mind-link me what information he gathers. Do you know where my mate is, Aspen?" I questioned, my wolf eager to see her, telling me he had a bad feeling.

He shook his head, "no, she left with Luna Olivia this morning and as far as I know no one has seen them since."

This made my wolf and me extremely nervous. I got up and left the room, leaving the young wolf to complete his task. I searched the entire house, mind-linked her, and anything else I could think of. I finally decided to go check the territory. I ran outside and shifted, not caring if my clothes were now in shreds.

I found her scent, it was faint, but still there nonetheless. I ran, following it until I reached an open field. I looked around and the scene in front of me was terrifying. Olivia and Aspen were both in their werewolf form and they we each defending off at least 15 humans.

I was rooted to the ground until I saw a human stab Aspen in her leg and she howled out I pain. Seeing this made my wolf growl so loud that Everyone stopped. The humans all had a look of fear pass over their face but it was soon gone as they went back to attacking Aspen and Olivia.

Aspen looked at me with a thankful look and then went back to fighting the humans. I mind-linked the warriors with our location and then ran to help Olivia and Aspen.

We continued killing them and eventually they were all dead. I nodded for Olivia and Aspen to head back to the pack house and that was when the warriors decided to finally show up.

'Where the hell were you guys? Did you take a unicycle or something?!' I screamed mind-linking them. They all shook their heads, ashamed of themselves. 'Burn these bodies.' I mind-linked and then ran to the pack house. I need to check on Aspen.

###

I want to get on a regular writing schedule. I'm trying to decide if it should be every Friday or every other. I don't know. I'm honestly such an indecisive person. Ugh, comment what I should do! I wrote this chapter on Monday and I had to wait to put it up until Friday. It actually kinda killed me. Anyways! Hope you all enjoyed! There are only about 5-10 chapters left! Bittersweet man!

Comment! Vote! Follow me!

By the way, I have an Instagram that you guys can follow no! ;)

Instagram: Kourtneybooks18