we know the start

I feel like I need to specify this could be a potential mess, so be warned lol

°°°

ITALIAN POP PRINCE OFF THE MARKET?

RUMOR HAS IT MATTEO BALSANO, ARGENTINA'S FAVORITE ITALIAN BOY HAS FOUND HIMSELF A NEW GIRLFRIEND. SEEN LAST NIGHT AT A POPULAR CLUB IN BUENOS AIRES, WITNESSES AFFIRM STRANGER'S SINGER WAS ACCOMPANIED BY A 'BEAUTIFUL BLACK-HAIRED BEAUTY' AND THE COUPLE COULDN'T KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF EACH OTHER.

IS THIS THE END OF HIS PLAYBOY ERA? READ MORE ON PAGE 26!

°°°

"Why do you even bother reading that bullshit, bro?"

"It's amusing how they're so sure you're dating your cousin." His best friend told him, sipping on his coffee while flipping over the pages of the tween magazine that had been delivered that morning on his doorstep.

He groaned, disgusted. "It's not amusing, it's fucking gross."

"If you had let me clarify since day one who Flor was to you, this wouldn't be happening." Gastón reminded him, taking another small sip of his cup. He resumed his reading once he found the page with that article; "hey look, they say her name is Clara and that you've been dating for over two months; 'a whole new record for our Italian Casanova Balsano!'" Matteo flipped him off.

"First of all, 'day one' would mean you were my lawyer at 19, without even finishing one year in Law School, you dumbass. And second, it was you who gave me the idea of protecting Flor's privacy."

"I was very smart at 19, thank you very much." Gastón threw the magazine at him, which he dodged easily and got into the kitchen and prepare himself an espresso, but smiled fondly at his friend anyway.

It was hard to believe so much time had passed since he was discovered in that small bar years ago, when all he had left were his songs, his guitar, and the support of his best friend for over fifteen years. Going against his father's wish of a diplomatic future for him hadn't been easy, especially when you're an eighteen-year-old boy with no working experience or a survival plan. Having had his parents' back his whole life, the abrupt change of living alone and financially supporting himself was a challenge he hadn't foreseen for at least another four years; but it had been an experience so groundbreaking, and so eye-opening that he wouldn't dare to have it any other way, at all. Gastón had helping him a lot by letting him crash in his room multiple times, as well as approving and correcting his songwriting before he even presented it to a crowd.

His way of repaying had been hiring him as his lawyer as soon as he was out of law school, even if it went against his management's ideals. Matteo would rather have someone he trusted 100% and minded his interests first, than a stranger whose decisions would favor anyone but him. Call him stupid, or naïve, but he had blind faith in Gastón, and knew it had been for the best. His friend hadn't been first in his class for nothing. (He did like to joke it had been because of his pretty face and good hair, though).

"At least now they'll drop that 'Mambar' crap, since I'm 'off the market' and whatnot." 

"I don't know, bro;" Gastón laughed, "they're capable of saying you're cheating on Flor with your ex."

Matteo groaned again when he realized Périda was right. Dating Ámbar back in the day had been proved to be a mistake, even when they'd never confirmed their relationship to the media (or anyone outside their circle of friends); because the rumor hill and theories didn't disappear to this day. Gastón liked to joke that he could get married and have ten kids, and even then Ámbar would get mentioned as the mistress at least once. It certainly didn't help that he shared management with her, since they always made sure they were photographed at any event they happened to be at the same time. They were lucky they didn't hate each other or were dating anyone else yet, because it'd make everything more annoying.