nothing promised, no regrets

SOLTTEO: YES OR NO?

After weeks of speculation, a mutual friend of the couple has told us exclusively.

"Oh, they're definitely together" our source says, "they're just keeping it lowkey for now. They're on the early stage of the relationship right now, getting to know each other and enjoying the little break they have together before Sol's back on the rink." We asked if Matteo's new Princesa would be competing in the next Olympics, to which they replied that "(she) is going for the gold". If she does, it'll be Benson's second gold and third Olympic Medal; talk about talent!

If you're wondering who's more into whom, the source told us "Sol's enamored, she's never felt more into somebody before". To all Matteístas out there: don't lose hope yet! Matteo is reportedly "not in love yet" and "isn't sure if it'll last enough for that", so cheers up! We haven't lost our Italian Prince yet!

Do you like the couple? Do you want it to last? For more Soltteo click here!

°°°

Being Matteo Balsano's friend was certainly.... Nothing out of the ordinary.

They'd text a lot, sent each other memes, and jokes they'd found funny over the week; even the occasional snap pic or video of things they – or their friends- were doing. The only thing they hadn't done properly was hanging out.

On her side was thanks to her parents, whom had been overly needy after two months away from her and wanted her all for themselves for a couple of days. She loved her parents and had missed them a lot too, so Luna took most of the week off on the Valente's household, one hour away from the city.

Matteo, however, had been living in his studio if his snapchats were any tell. His daily pics had been mostly of music sheets and microphone selfies, with the occasional one of his friend – Gastón, if she remembered his name correctly- making funny faces at his phone; she had been tempted to ask him if he was free any time soon to go out for lunch, or something, but if over two decades of friendship with Simón served her as experience, getting in the middle of songwriting could be catastrophic for a musician. Altering one thing, even if so small, could meant a goodbye to mother muse. Luna didn't want to compromise that, so she held back her social-self and decided to wait until Matteo came up with the invitation on his own.

Sitting on her parents' porch, doing nothing, made her realize she sounded a bit like a girl waiting for a boy to make the first move. A little outdated, maybe, but she couldn't bring herself to care; a) because she really wasn't thinking about him in anything but a platonic way, and b) she was far more preoccupied on her future.

Luna had decided she wasn't going back to acting.

Or professional skating.

In fact, she was very well going to be jobless and lost in a couple weeks; when all her sports sponsoring deals were broken, and the news of her retirement were exposed to the world. Scared fell short on how she was feeling, she was freaking terrified.

Not necessarily of quitting any of those things, but of the reactions the decision would bring on her. She'd spoken to her manager/agent, to her publicist and her lawyer, not to mention she'd read the news every day; Luna knew she was on the – public- peak of her career. She knew this would take the media by surprise and, so, that she'd be pestered by them to explain her reasons and mind.

The past week and the endless talks with her parents had opened her eyes to the answer that had been there all along: she had already given all she could to professional skating. She had already achieved all her dreams in there; she had nothing else to win, to experience, to do, to anything, that could make her happier, more fulfilled or prouder of herself anymore. She wouldn't leave with a hole in her heart, and she wouldn't look at herself in twenty years wondering if she'd make the right choice or not, thinking she could've done more, because there simply wasn't anything else for her. The journey had reached its end, the curtain had been closed.