take it now or leave it

BREAKING: OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLIST SAYS GOODBYE TO SKATING

SOL BENSON, 24, recently known for her role as skating legend Marissa Mint in her new movie "SHATTERED WINGS", announced this morning she wouldn't return to training, or to any competition as a participant again. The announcement was posted on all her social media accounts, reading: "I can proudly say it's time. Today, a new chapter in my life begins. I'm officially retiring from professional skating."

Benson also took the chance to thank her fans, saying: "The last ten years have been an unforgettable experience. A lifetime wouldn't be enough to thank everyone who has been by my side helping, supporting, and cheering on me on this journey. I've done everything I could and wanted, and I hope you're all as proud of me as I am of myself and the accomplishments we've achieved. I love you all very much." The now ex professional-skater didn't specify why she was leaving, but she affirmed it wasn't anything but a personal choice: "I know many of you are shocked, confused as to why I'm doing this now, that's the reason I want to assure you it's not because of my health or a 'change of careers', as I know some might be especulating. Simply, this is me acknowledging my heart's desires."

Opinions and critics were instantaneous from the fans.

@ Sol_Benson: Thank you. pic.tw.com/3747829

@ solnation: @ Sol_Benson please tell me this is an early april fools joke I'm crying

@ sol_fan73937: @ Sol_Benson THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT, THIS IS NOT WHAT I PLANNED, AND I JUST WANT TO SAY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND

@ SolMiReina56: @ Sol_Benson on one hand I'm happy you're doing this in your terms but on the other I just want to scream whAT THE FORK BENSON

Benson's famous friends, however, showed nothing but support for her.

@ Simon_RB: today the sun goes down and the moon rises! So proud of you @ Sol_Benson

@ JimM: Working with you, one of the greatest skaters of our time, was a privilege. Being your friend, and getting to share all these memories with you, is an honor. Your talent will shine bright like your soul no matter what ♥ @ Sol_Benson 

@ TheAmbarSmith: An absolute star. @ Sol_Benson

The news broke amid rumors of the skating star dating Italian heartthrob, Matteo Balsano, leading some fans and theorists that her new relationship was linked to her decision.

@ SolecitoDeMadrugada: I don't wanna start sh*t here, folks, but Sol said she's acknowledging 'her heart's desires'.... What if Balsano convinced her to quit????

@ SolBonita: If Matteo Balsano had anything to do with this I will cut that bitch in half just sayin'

@ soltteoforever: omg what if sol quit to form a duet with matteo???!!! #relationshipgoals

@ elbalsanito: if y'all really think MATTEO BALSANO would make his two minute long girlfriend quit her career for him y'all are batsh*t crazy don't even look at me

So far Benson's has offered no comment to the critics, choosing silence over explanations, and only time will tell what she's planned for herself next.

Is this really her end in skating? Will she approach a musical career with her beau? For more Sol Benson, click here!

°°°

He was a coward.

And an idiot.

An idiotic coward, really, because he hung up on her as fast as his brain and hand could do it. He could've lied, told her it was only a guessing. Or he could've come clean about his stalker-ish ways and freak her out. Or come clean and skip the stalker-ish ways. But, no, he'd hung up and now when she saw him she'd demand an explanation and probably give him crap for hanging up on her and then creating a lame excuse as to why.