we know the end (i/iii)

When anyone mentioned the words bachelorette party, Luna pictured women enjoying themselves, lots of bottles of alcohol, games that are fun after five drinks, and maybe a stripper or two. She, definitely, didn't imagine herself in a corner, scared of facing the bride's tantrum. No joke here, she'd seen Yam's cousin cross herself before she informed her they'd gotten the tablecloths they'd ordered for the wedding, a silent prayer to keep the already stressed bride calm. But, of course, the universe hated them and decided whoever oversaw the cloths, to pick the 'wrong' shade of red.

"I specifically asked for cadmium red, not this cheap ass lipstick red! Are you so fucking blind you can't distinguish from two different colors? How can you be this incompetent?" She saw most of the people flinch at Yam's tone; Luna felt for them, she too wanted to be anywhere else. "They are different colors! If you can't tell one from the other why would you even offer them in your catalogue?!" As Yam continued to yell, Luna saw her friend's mom apologizing for her daughter's outburst, offering everyone another round of drinks, before dragging the blonde to another room to continue her call. Jim sighed tiredly - poor girl had had to endure her best friend's moods far longer than anyone in the room- slipping her margarita glass to Nina's hand - not before emptying it all in a gulp-, as she hurriedly left to follow the screams.

"If I ever become this level of bridezilla, please slap my face with the tablecloth." Luna told Nina, sipping on her mojito, silently laughing when they heard Yam cursing someone once more.

"Only if you return the favor." Her best friend proposed, offering her glass of water to her, her duty as DD kept her alcohol free for the evening.

She happily clicked her glass with hers, sealing the deal. After both had sipped on them, Luna spoke again, "time really flew by. I still remember the day Yam came to lunch waving her hand on our faces because Ramiro had proposed, and now..." she sighed.

"She's only days away from spending the rest of her life with the guy she loves..."

Luna snorted. "Or having a heart attack because another insignificant detail got messed up, whichever happens first." Nina laughs with her for a moment, sipping the last of her drink before changing the subject.

"How's the roller coming along?" her friend asks, as if she hadn't spent most of the last three months inside the building with her.

"Slow. Tiring. Hopefully great, though."

"Still going over paperwork?"

She sighed, "yeah. Who knew buying a building and reconstructing it to open a skating rink was so laborious?"

Nina offered her a reassuring smile, extending her hand to squeeze hers in support. "You're doing more than great, L. Soon your dreams will be a reality and all this work will be worth it."

"I know, I know. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck, though." Her best friend laughed.

"Don't pretend you're not the one who insisted on reviewing everything and every little step, Luna. You could have easily left it to your trusty designer and architect, but you didn't and here you are now."

Luna huffed out, "excuse me for wanting to make sure everything is perfect." She knew Nina was only kidding, so she tried to make it sound like a joke; even if she only half-meant it. You couldn't half-ass a business, you just couldn't; not unless your goal with it was to end up broke and deep in debt.

"And it will be. It might take time, but it will." Nina said reassuringly, not an ounce of hesitance in her voice.

"Thank you, N." She sipped her mojito once more, "now, will you tell me what's bothering you? You've been playing with your necklace since we got here, and I doubt it's because of Yam getting on your nerves." Then again, Luna at least had alcohol to sooth the yelling and bear the ridiculous games, Nina's soberness surely was playing against her.