masters of the scene I

AU: Matteo Balsano is a famous singer who has been crushing on this one girl he saw every day behind a window many years ago, back when he first started recording his debut album and inspired his first big hit, "Princesa". Luna Valente, professional Olympic skater turned actress is at a local (and very popular) talk show to promote her breakout movie. This is where it all starts.

°°°

"Well, that wasn't awkward at all."

"I think it was sweet. Maybe even romantic." Nina commented, following her out of the dressing room, where they had fled out as soon as one of Jazmín Gorjesi-Carbajal's team went in to call her up to the studio; using the opportunity to escape the awkward moment and go back into her own dressing room for a last touch-up.

Luna didn't answer her until her door was closed. "Nina, if a guy you've never met comes to you and just says 'it's you' in this very, very freaky voice it's creepy. Not sweet, and definitely not romantic. Just freaking creepy."

"Who knows? Maybe he recognized you as the talented skater you are and was so star-struck he could barely form a sentence!" Her friend's excited words were flattering, but she knew better than to believe them. Realistically speaking, the chances of that happening were very little, if not inexistent.

"Yes, right, because Matteo Balsano is just oh-so-obviously a skating fan; especially of someone from another country he probably doesn't even care about to keep track in the Olympics."

She paced back and forth along the room, being careful to ignore her brain telling her to act on her nerves and touch her hair or poke her nails. Yam had left already to finish up Jim's hair and make-up, and delaying her work (alongside the interview if she damaged her look enough), so she had to stick to walking, hoping her clumsiness wouldn't kick in and make her trip on thin air.

"Luna, we don't know what that guy likes, or what his interests are or whom he's fan of; we don't know anything about him, sweetheart." Nina's tone was as sweet as ever, but the reprimand was pretty clear as well; "also, even if he's not a fan, I'm sure he's heard of you. You've won two Olympic medals, eight world championships and the crystal skate at only 17; stop selling you so short when your accomplishments are anything but small." Luna smiled at the praise, reaching out to squeeze her hand in thanks. Nina winked before adding, "plus, he's one of Ámbar's friends. I'm sure she's talked about you with him."

"You're right, it's probably pre-show jitters." She sighed, moving to sit and retouch her powder and lipstick. "It's just such a weird concept. Isn't he a legend of his own around here? I mean, Simón collaborated with him last year, and he said it was one the fastest number one's he'd gotten!"

On the mirror, she could see how Nina's lips twitched up, her eyes sparkling in a devious way she knew so well, "sounds like someone's got a crush." She sing-sang, waving her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. Luna threw one of her make-up brushes at her.

"I so don't!"

So, maybe she thought he was cute. Pretty. Handsome. And that his accent was very attractive. And his songs were very catchy and his voice a lullaby to her ears, truly angelic, sending her heart and mind into places she never knew they could exist when it came to music. There was something about his music that just called to her.

However she didn't know him, had never even seen him before tonight, so definitely, surely, it wasn't a crush.

Nope.

But then again celebrity crushes did exist so maybe it was only that. A sort-of-platonic-celebrity crush that would eventually go away. She was probably star-struck, anyway; maybe she didn't like him at all, and was just shocked (also flattered) he'd react that way when he saw her. That sounded very, very reasonable, if you asked her.