Gaia's Interlude

Gaia's Interlude

Love was a funny feeling. The crazy butterflies that erupt in the pit of your stomach when he says your name. The uncontrollable laughter that escapes your lips every time he says a joke even when it's not that funny but its him. The way your cheeks hurt from smiling too much when you spend a day with him. The nervousness that creeps up on you and holds you tight when you're trying something new for the first time with him. All of the emotions, all of the newness, all of the vibes of a love building a foundation were the funniest thing because I never expected to find it. Love was just something people wrote songs about, it was the influence behind the greatest era of r&b but didn't exist anymore. Love wasn't a game. It wasn't for the fools to trip and stumble into making a mess of its name in pure vanity and the sake of fucking things up. Love was for the hopeless so they could find some hope in the world, love was for the broken so they could find the strength they never thought they had in them from the beginning. Love was for the wise so every drop of wisdom that could be given would be shared to the naïve. Love was for everyone who could see the value in it. It was the only thing in the world that could give you butterflies fluttering in your stomach and have your head spinning yet somehow you'd be calm and serene. Love was the cause of the sleep you lose from thinking too hard about the future and its possibilities yet also make your cheeks hurt from smiling too much. It was a vibe that freed spirits and connected souls; real, pure, joyous and enticing all at the same time.

Love was how 90s r&B felt and was about. It was what Mary J sang about, hoped for and got hurt searching high and low for. It was what Whitney swore she would always have. Love was what made SWV weak in the knees and Brandy and Monica beefed over swearing that one nigga was theirs. Love was what made Jocedi sang an ode to the ladies that would forever be theirs. It was what Mya go Wow. And Ashanti and Ja Rule make classics time and time again.. the dynamic duo is what I call them.

My rambles about love and its complexity come from him; my love. His love makes me feel like I'm the beautiful singer with harmonies of an angel and he's the coolest dude alive with the hottest flow and rhymes. His words are about me as he flows to the beat and I sing my highest praise and heart out for him. His love makes me feel alive. But in the end what do I know? I'm just a girl stuck listening to 90s r&b? Wondering where would I be without my baby?

His name is Jrue but you or anyone else should think twice about calling him that. To the world and the outside, he is Slim. He is the inspiration and the motivation to everything, let the journey commence ..