Scene 11: Your Eyes 👁

Death before dishonor.

The phrase should have been written in blood and taken as serious as any oath or promise known to man. True to it's name, the Murder Mafia only has one exit strategy: in a body bag.

Not a single soul has ever simply left the Mafia any other way. Behind bars? The team still moved contraband, you'd be treated like a king inside. Moving to another state?  Take your pick of the soldiers and take over the territory, expansion was the goal of any business and the drug game would never be different. Wanted out of the game? Anyone could walk away clean but if necessary, you'd be back on the front line if war ever broke out.
The weight of the responsibility of being a member of the Mafia or simply affiliated was why members were hand selected only. Not a single soul could walk up to a warehouse, a trap, or a member asking for a come up.
It was quick way to die or starve out in the streets.
The Murder Mafia didn't do jump ins or initiations , word was bond and there was no going back. Slim had seen niggas come and go, a lot of niggas he'd sent to their maker his self but knowing the King his self was making that move to retirement was different.
Like the observant man he was, Slim watched him. Shit was all different for Big Gee and not just the way Slim viewed him. At one point, Slim thought the man had damn near made the dope game his bitch and mastered the impossible to go along with it: a family who was untouched by it.
But now Slim knew better. Each time he ascended the mega mansion that Big Gee occupied for any occasion, his stomach turned. The man lived a King's lifestyle with a Queen and a princess at his side but had another family that struggled on the other side of town.
Slim knew that Big Gee had been visiting Gaia's Mother's and had took the responsibility of her hospital bills but he dropped twenty racks off cuff for a woman whose father was a damn millionaire on paper and a billionaire off record. He did it for Gaia, he did it so a smile would grace her pretty face more but he ain't have to do shit. Gaia would still be struggling without it though and something in his spirit just couldn't rest seeing her so low.

He wanted her out of the club for his own selfish reasons..

No nigga should be looking at what he felt was destined to be his..

Surreal didn't even come close to the feelings she made come alive in every part of him: mind, body and soul.
Baby girl was something serious and the fact that intrigued him the most was that she had no clue of her effect on men but she felt a connection to him.

Slim knew he could have Gaia dropped like a bad habit at the club, Dutch would fire her so quick to stay in the mafia's good graces and not have to travel back to the deathbed that was waiting on him the second he stepped out of Mafia territory.

But against his better judgement he let her father make that decision.. Big Gee wanted to let his baby girl rock and play out whatever she was searching for.. his words exactly. All Slim wanted to do was snatch her up and let her be.

Her spirit was free and a club like Swisha Sweet's was a cage even the people who worked there couldn't see it.

Slim sat at the end of the table right next to Big Gee as the monthly round table meeting commenced. As always, the four ranking members of the Murder Mafia sat in place. Big Gee at the head of the table, a hitta to the left and the right of him. Both Slim and Blu respectfully whereas Ya-ya sat opposite Big Gee.

Slim had tuned out minutes ago. His mind was elsewhere, probably stuck on the 45th where Gaia Carter laid her head. He knew he was slipping something serious, he knew that feelings that stirred inside of him for her, his strange obsession would never turn out good. Yet as always danger was where he placed his self and Gaia was a speeding bullet, the problem was that he wasn't bulletproof.

"Business is adjourned, anyone have any concerns?" Ya-ya voice infiltrated his mind, snapping Slim back into the room.

No one said a word. The men all standing to their feet as Ya-ya gathered her belongings. She headed for the door first Slim holding the door open despite the fact that she cut her eyes at him as if he'd killed her cat. She clearly hadn't gotten over herself and that was fine with Slim.