Scene 15: What More Can He Do 🌒

He sat and he waited. No action should be taken without the task of deliberation. He'd learned from his mistakes. Calculation was now the precursor to any move that was ever thought of. Two steps ahead? Try twenty. Before you saw him approaching your life was already in his hands. He toyed with you with joyous laughter. He laid tracks for you to follow, playing so many mind games that you won't even realize it's a trap.
A decade plus had passed by at a snails pace as everything he wanted and needed aligned itself up perfectly for his taking.

He was a taker,a self proclaimed king but to those who knew him, to those in his presence, his destructive care? He was merely a dictator, a life crusher. The type of man who stole your soul with a smile and before you knew it the smile faded into fits of rage. He was the type of man your mother warned you of from birth.. the one that niggas whispered about in the streets because one conversation too many would cost you the most precious gift ever, life.The type of man most only believed existed in fairy-tales and horror movies but he was very real and very present with his hands in so many pots economies could go crashing down if he ever ran his mouth.

Dangerous.. controlling.. manipulative.. sinful... evil

Character traits of a man who had no shame and only his desires. No limit existed to the lengths he'd go, the things he'd do, the plots he'd plan to have his way.

Life was his chess board.. chess master he was and his opponent? The unexpected and untrained purely on purpose.

On his throne he sat, looking down on his soldiers as they bowed to him internally knowing that if they died today, he wouldn't care tomorrow. He would care when his orders weren't carried out, he would care if a task he'd given wasn't carried out and then he would care enough to pull a trigger. There was no such thing as a second chance under his rule. The game was tough and death turned out to be the price often times.

"Miami?" He asked, awaiting an update of the mayhem he orchestrated like the lives of people were somehow a fickle as the arrangement of musical notes.
"Plan is in motion. They think it's the Cubans. What's the next step?" Three of the men before him replied simultaneously. Order was necessary and his soldiers were just that. Soldiers, trained to kill and order direct commands wouldn't morality, thought or their own safety.
"Kill him." He spat and smiled wickedly. He had waited long enough, it was time for his own to come home.
"Which one?"
"The one that will hurt the most.. " he paused and thought in silence for a moment. The type of grief he aimed to inflict had to worse than taking a knife to the heart. He needed a clean slate, he needed a cloud mental and cold dead heart because a beating one would mean shit to him. His appearance shifted seamlessly as he came to a decision. "The one that holds her heart."

"Emerald city." He questioned the other three men that knelled to his right.
"She's awake." He hummed audibly and resting his fingers across his facial hair. Although one would think concern had somehow creeped its way into the soulless but this was simply an outcome he hadn't expected yet he still planned for it.
"And him?" his question hung in the air like the smell of spoiled fish, he waited for a mistake, for this man he took everything from to be human and break so he would will him under his thumb.
"Getting antsy.. between the fake one and the real one, mother and daughter he'll be forced to pick a side soon."

"Any visits? communication?"

"Besides the run in with the daughter and his general, nothing. She's crumbling under pressure and he's no where in sight or reach, no one is."

"The king of emerald city is still a peasant to real royalty, huh?" He laughed from the pit of his stomach whereas in the rest of the room one could hear a pin drop. "Its been, what? fifteen years? He'll crack soon because of the comatose one, he loved her and if he's dumb enough to choose her and his first born? Then he'll die and so will her. "