Scene 10: You're Always On My Mind 🧠

She missed him..
She'd been off for the past two days so other than the hospital, she hadn't been anywhere. She felt insane missing a man she barely knew. She seen him commit murder in the first degree, she had been kidnapped her with a knife to the throat by him but the wave of serenity that washed over her in his presence?? It was irreplaceable, she could never find it no where else and she wasn't searching for it either.

She had expressed her thoughts to no one, no knew he followed her around watching over her shoulder every damn day. No one else seemed to see him but Gaia felt him every damn second of the day. His gaze was penetrating in the best and worst way. How could a man's gaze give you chills and comfort at the same time?

Gaia didn't understand but she wasn't looking to understand if, she just wanted to feel it and him.

Insane didn't cut it..baby girl was hallucinating but she didn't want help, she wanted him.

She had no way of calling him, she had no way of contacting him period but her soul felt connected to him. She felt anxious to the point her stomach was in knots sitting in the comfort of her own home when she should have been relaxed.

The way Gaia felt wasn't normal, she was tripping beyond measure. She just didn't care enough to do anything about it.

These days comfort didn't find her much. She was so out of her element that a little bit of comfort was heaven on earth to her.

She couldn't talk about it to her friends, they'd find out the truth that this dangerous man she should have been running away from had her mental gone something serious.

Gaia tapped her chin with her index finger anxiously.. the silence inside of her home normally would relax her but she was stunned that she couldn't even mediate. Two blunts to the face normally would have her mellowed and laid out somewhere in the clouds but she didn't even feel high at the moment...

Her uneasiness was definitely a sickness that could only be cured by one thing and she couldn't have it.

The sultry sounds of Body and Soul cascaded throughout the speakers around her home. Anita Baker could smooth your heartbreak, your spirit and soul yet Gaia was unmoved.

She's never felt anything like this before.

I never met him before and never meet another..

She thought to herself.

The sounds of someone knocking on the door snapped her out of her thoughts. For the first time since she'd gotten out of bed she looked over her attire. Her hair was a raggedy mess on top of her head, she had polka dots on her shorts and rainbow stripes on her shift and down to the mismatch socks she wore she was a hot ass mess.

She paid to mind to how she was dressed, she glanced out of the peephole and proceeded to open the door. Her landlord stood before her on her stoop.

Gaia has paid him all of the back-pay and she was making her monthly payments on time, thanks to the club. Mr. Joe never made an appearance unless he was about to evict you or ask where the fuck his money was.

"Mr. Joe?" Gaia greeted him with apprehension. Never mind the fact that he smiled back at her as if he wasn't the grumpiest old man she'd ever came across. "Am I missing something? I owe you?"
She'd only been going by what the bills he'd delivered monthly if the rent had changed she wasn't aware.

"None sense, child. You done paid me more money than I'd seen at once" he waved her off but also confused her. Gaia was paying him in lump sums but nothing crazy. Whatever total she accumulated from the club at the end of the week, she's split it down the middle and pay him with it. She was doing good so far but never more than a thousand a week like the strippers.