Chapter 12

Since Liam still isn't concerned about me, I decide to spend as much time at Steph's as I can. I'm pretty sure I stayed over for about a week before I heard anything from anyone.

Meg messaged me in the middle of the week asking why I was never at uni, so I decided to ring her a few days later and actually tell her why.

"Hey, Meg. I'm gonna answer your question."

"What? Oh, yeah. Why are you never at uni?"

"Well, y'know that girl I did 7 minutes in heaven with at your party a while ago?"

"Oh, Steph? How could I forget?"

"Well, I'm her girlfriend now."

There's a bit of silence before she starts congratulating me.

"We just couldn't keep apart after what happened! Things just escalated quickly from there and before I knew it we started properly dating. She's so sweet."

Steph is in the shower, so she can't hear what I'm saying.

"She is a sweet girl," says Meg. "So, what, do you guys have sex?"

"Yeah, like every day! It's so great."

"Good for you."

Meg seems almost... sad. There's a bit of quiet before she asks a question.

"Have you told Liam?"

I hesitate.

"No, no I haven't."

"Kate, he's your boyfriend. He's been there for you longer than Stephanie has," she says. "He's more important, and he cares about you a lot."

"I guess so. But he hasn't tried to ring me or anything for a this long."

"Really? I thought he would have rung after the first night you stayed over."

"He did, but that was the first time I stayed at Steph's, almost 2 months ago. I told him that I was at yours."

"Huh. That's okay. Telling me then would have been nice, just in case he rang me and asked. If you need to do it again, just tell me."

"Sure."

"It's so strange how he hasn't rung yet. Surely he's not that busy?"

"He has a job and does quite a few classes at uni, I wouldn't be surprised if he's extra busy."

"Too busy to ask where you are?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She sighs. "Ring him. Maybe he's waiting for you to finally say something instead of chasing you."

"You're right," I say. "I'll talk to him then."

"Or go home? That way he knows you're definitely safe."

"I might just ring him first and then go home. I'll need to tell Steph first, I can't just leave without telling her where I'm going."

"Fair enough. Tell both of them I said hey."

"Will do. See ya, Meg."

"Bye!"

She hangs up.

I have to go home. But first, I have to call Liam.

I dial his number and put my phone up to my ear.

He picks up almost immediately.

"Hey, Liam!"

"Kate? Where have you been for the past few days?"

"Oh I was at Meg's again. Why didn't you call me?"

"Oh... uh... I was busy."

Meg was right.

"Too busy to call and ask where I was?"

"University exams? My schedule's full of them. Shouldn't you be studying?"

"Oh... that was why I went to Meg's. To study with her. I figured since we take most of the same classes it would be easier, and that way we can trade notes."

"Huh, good plan. Are you gonna come home soon?"

"Yeah, I was gonna leave in a bit. I'll be home soon."

"Okay. Take care, babe."

"See you," I say, and hang up.

I feel guilty as anything. But it will be refreshing to see Liam after a week, even though I could spend the rest of my life with Steph and not get bored.

I wait until Steph has left the shower to tell her that I have to leave.

"Hey, uh, Steph?"

"Yeah?" she calls from the bathroom.

I decide to just go in to talk to her. But as soon as I walk in, I regret it.

I won't be leaving for a while.

Steph has her hair wrapped in a towel on her head, and one just sitting around her hips. Her tits are fully out, perky and so perfect. I have to restrain myself from just jumping her right there.

"Uh..." I get distracted by just staring at her chest. God, what was I even going to say?

"Yeah? What is it, babe?"

"Uh, I have to go home. My flatmate is getting a bit worried."

"Your flatmate is always worried about you. Why don't you just stay here?" she says, gently taking my shoulders and pulling me closer.

"God, I wish I could, but I've already told him I'd come home soo-"

I get cut off by her lips. I place my hands on her waist, and go deeper into the kiss.

We separate.

"Babe. I've told him that I'd go." I say. "Anyways, even though we're dating I don't want to overstay my welcome."

"Oh, Kate, you could never. You're welcome here all the time, you know that. Why can't you just stay?"

"I'm sorry, Steph. I have to go." I place a small kiss on her lips before exiting the room to get my things, and drive home.

Tears start rolling down my cheeks as I realise how I'd hurt Steph. Even though she knew I had to go, I just... I have to be consistent with Liam.

The consequences were starting to appear on my horizon.

_________________________

Boom!

What a chapter. This is one of the longest in the whole novel! I'm trying to figure out what happens in the end. I guess we'll both find out!

Hope you enjoyed!
~ Sydney