Chapter 13

(A/N) I'm doing the authors note here because of this chapter!! You'll understand why when you read it.

Enjoy!!!!
~ Sydney
_______________________

As I pulled up outside my apartment, I had to pull myself together a bit. It didn't really work, because I burst into a complete meltdown as soon as I saw my house.

I didn't know if it was because of Liam or Steph. It could have been Liam because I was so nervous to see him, or that I was so glad to see him after a week. But it also could have been Steph, for abandoning her at her own house while she clung onto my last kiss as I left her.

Or maybe it was both. I had to listen to the figures that stood on my shoulders. The angel told me to do the right thing, and the devil told me to just do what I wanted, which was to leave Liam and continue life with Steph. Of course I wanted to do the right thing, but being with Steph just seemed like the better option.

As I went through this in my mind, I saw the front door of my apartment open in my peripheral vision. I looked over, and saw Liam running down the front steps to my car. He came to my window, saw how distraught I was, and carried me like a bride inside.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

After a nap, and a cup of tea, Liam sat me down on the couch.

I had to think of a story I could work with pretty quickly, because I knew Liam would start asking me questions.

"So, what's happening?"

"God, I'm just so stressed. These uni exams are doing my head in."

This was a good story to work with. I could have a lot to say about it.

"But Kate, this is your third year of doing exams at university. Surely you've become used to it?"

"I did, but this year has just been so difficult. There was just such a big workload, so many classes..."

I wasn't lying. I really did find this year difficult.

"Why didn't you just drop a class or two?"

"I couldn't bring myself to do that, Liam." I tell him. "I wanted to be the best I could be."

"Well... just take care of yourself before exams start." He stands up off the sofa. "I gotta get ready for work, babe." And he walks into the bedroom without another sound.

I look down at the cup of tea in my hands. Liam is so sweet, making this for me, and putting a blanket over me while I'm sitting on the couch.

I think I'll invite Steph over until Liam gets back from work again.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"Hey, uh Steph?" I speak into the phone as she picks up.

"Yeah, babe? What is it?"

"My flatmate's gone to work, so did you want to come round?"

She sighs. Uh oh.

"Why are you so afraid of your flatmate, Kate? Is he some sort of monster to you? What has he done to make you feel so afraid that you can only invite me round when he's gone?"

"I... he... well, he was my boyfriend, but that was ages ago. We still live together because neither of us can afford to get different apartments. But it was a long time ago, before you and I even got together."

"But why are you scared of him seeing us together?"

"Because he would get jealous easily, and I don't think he's over us." I say. "Also, he's a little bit homophobic."

"What, so you're keeping him from being homophobic towards you?"

"I don't think anyone would enjoy living with an angry homophobe."

"You're right. Okay, I'll come over. Put some sexy lingerie on, too."

"Oh, yeah definitely. See you," I say.

"See ya soon!" says Steph.

I immediately go into my room and find my lingerie that I used to wear for Liam, when we had sex. I remember him buying it for me, because it was Valentine's. It was in a deep red box with a silk ribbon around it. I remember having sex with him that night so I could wear it.

I also remember thinking about wearing it for someone else.

And now it's going to happen. Steph is going to swoon.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

As soon as I hear the doorbell, I run to the door and open it for her. I'm dressed in pretty loose clothes so it's easier for her to take them off. I'm so thoughtful.

She drops her bag inside the door and immediately kisses me.

"I'm so sorry I yelled at you. Can I make it up to you?"

"Oh, of course you can."

She kisses me again before looking me up and down.

"I thought I told you to wear sexy lingerie?"

"Babe, I am. You just have to look for it."

"Oh, you are such a tease, babe!"

We stumble into the bedroom and she takes my t-shirt off. As soon as she sees the lingerie she pushes me onto the bed to take my pants off.

"Babe, this is so nice. I had no idea you owned anything like this."

We kiss again and start making out. I pause for a moment to take her shirt off, which reveals her naked chest. She obviously doesn't care about wearing a bra when I'm around.

We kiss deeply and more passionately, and get more into it.

I hardly hear the footsteps that walk into our room, and the gasp that came with them.