Epilogue

The next few months felt patchy and uneven. The memories of that time period just felt blurry.

But I made some serious changes in my life. I went back to university, did my exams, earned more money at work, and took time to take care of myself.

But I hardly spoke to Liam, avoided Meg and didn't even think about Stephanie at all.

Until one day, when she bumped into me.

Quite literally, I might add.

I was walking along the footpath, looking at the littered ground when she knocked into me. The books she was carrying went flying, and I immediately started apologising.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I'll help you pick those up, I'm so sorry..."

When we had picked up all the paper off the ground, she tossed her hair back and looked back at me.

"Steph!"

"Oh, uh, hey Kate. Thanks for that. Say, do you want to grab a drink later?"

"Yeah, that'd be great!"

She seemed to have forgotten what happened, but I was still so in love with her, and she might have just overlooked it.

She smiled at me, and kept walking.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

That night, after our drink, we went back to hers and had one of the best nights I've ever had.

"Hey, Kate?" she asks as we lay in her bed.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?"

"Liam and I broke up and we haven't talked all that much since. We're totally cool."

"Well, that's good. How about round two?"

I lean over for a kiss. "Absolutely."

_________________________

boom! wow I literally haven't updated this in at least a year because I kept thinking about a way to end it but I didn't know how until I watched 'below her mouth' which has a storyline very similar to this story! anyways, hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. thanks! xx