「 orange 」

"Wait for me!", SEOL HAEUN called, waving her hands frantically as the bus drove off without her. With a desperate sigh leaving her lips, she quickly clears her throat as she straightens out her skirt and hair. "It's okay, we can just see when the next bus will come", she smiled, trying to find hope in this awful situation, being that she had to be at Seoul in less than 30 minutes and she was no where near Seoul. Walking over to the bus station's sign, she scanned the times in hopes of it being possible to make it to Seoul.

Next bus to Seoul - 10:45 AM

With a desperate look on her face, Haeun let out a helpless sigh as she tugged her dark locks. "Seriously?"

Haeun was one of the few students chosen to meet with one of Korea's most elite doctors in the entire country. It was the opportunity of a life time for her - it meant that she can learn from one of the best and model after them. She worked so hard for this opportunity, pulling all-nighters to be one of the best in her classes and she's going to miss this one in a life time opportunity because she woke up late and missed the bus?

The girl wracked her brain for solutions, chewing her lower lip before an idea popped into her head. Pulling out her phone (and almost dropping it down the sewer grate), she pushed the first number on her contacts list and pressed the device against her ear, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?"
"Daniel! Can you drive me to Seoul today? It's really important"
"Haeun, I can't. I'm so sorry but I have something today and I have to be there. Why can't you take the bus?"
"Because I missed the bus! Can you take me, please?"
"I'm sorry but I can't take you today. I have an interview and it can change my entire life."
"But Daniel-"
"Haeun, I need to be at this meeting today. I'm hanging up."

"Daniel-", the beeping of the other line cut Haeun off, the girl groaning once again in frustration. "What the hell, seriously?! Kang Euigeon!", she screamed at the phone, looking like a complete weirdo as she shoved her phone back in her purse. She allowed her arms to fall limply to her sides, kicking a stone before sitting down on the bench in defeat. The girl buried her head in her hands, running her hands through her nicely curled hair and kept on muttering curses under her breath.

"Stupid, you missed the chance of a life time just because you couldn't sleep?", Haeun mumbled under her breath, shaking her head in disappointment. She stayed like that for a few minutes with her head lowered in shame, wrinkling her crisp white blouse as she sat there, pitiful. She felt someone tap her shoulder, but the girl didn't bother to look up because she was too absorbed in her thoughts. However, the repeated tapping on her shoulder was enough to make her feel annoyed, her temper already thin and was this close to breaking it.

"Can you please stop?", Haeun raised her voice, annoyed as she looked up at the culprit. She stood up abruptly, looking into the almond eyes of the Japanese boy in front of her who was wearing a simple white t-shirt and black flannel over it with black skinny jeans. "Oh, hi Kenta", she greeted, trying to put on her nicest smile which was clearly forced.

'Why are you dressed nicely?', he typed on his phone, his eyes scanning the girl who was wearing a white blouse with a grey cardigan over it and denim skirt.

"I have an important meeting today. It's with one of Korea's most elite doctors but I missed my bus so I think I should just head home at this point. Why wallow in public, am I right?", Haeun chuckled bitterly, crossing her arms over her chest as she tried to brush away her tears. How pathetic would it look if she cried in front of Kenta, someone she only started talking to this past week?

'I could drive you there if you want. I'm heading there anyways', Kenta pointed to his small black car behind him, looking back at the girl. Haeun pursed her lips together, contemplating if she should drive with him or not. It seemed rude to her if she said yes, they did just start talking and they barely knew each other - so riding in the same car with him seemed to step over social boundaries.