「 gold 」

swipe the picture above and listen to the song ^^ i think it suits this chapter very well!
*cries* this is the second to last chapter too and i'm not ready, are you?
_____________________________________

KANG DANIEL sighed as he left his entertainment company, a hand in his pocket and another one holding onto his black backpack's strap as he waited for a taxi to take him where he had to go. The sun hung above him, a few white and puffy clouds gliding against the light blue sky. It was the perfect day, the perfect time to go to the beach or have a picnic.

And debut, he thought to himself, sighing heavily once he got into the bright yellow car. The vehicle took him to a small restaurant, paying the driver before walking into the small brick building.

Inside the restaurant were white walls and dark wooden floors, the tables being white too and comfy cushioned chairs. The lighting was nice and bright, the medium sized windows allowing the natural light to trickle through. Daniel quickly spotted the person he was suppose to meet up with, seeing him wear a black and white striped t-shirt and light blue jeans, black tennis shoes on his feet. The boy went over to the table that was towards the back of the restaurant, sliding into the chair in front of him.

"Hey Kenta", Daniel greeted. Kenta looked up from his glass of water, smiling slightly.
"Hi Daniel, how's the training been? I heard that you're going to debut soon!", he exclaimed, his voice cheerful yet his eyes say another thing. He seemed sadder today, his almond eyes not matching the excitement you hear in his voice. Although the Japanese boy was smiling, in his eyes you can see his sorrow.

"Yea, next month. I'm pretty excited but nervous", Daniel replied. Kenta's smile faltered slightly, looking out the window, the sun hitting his.
"Congratulations ahead of time", he replied softly, breathing slowly as he stared out the window. The younger tilted his head, confused.

"Why 'ahead of time'? You are still going to be here, right?"
The Japanese boy smiled weakly an forcefully, turning to face the boy.

"I'm going to die today", he responded, his smile thin and his eyes glossy.

Daniel blinked a few times, his words not being able to sink in. His mouth opened slightly before closing, looking like a goldfish while doing so.

Why now? It's too soon for him.

"B-But it's Haeun's birthday...", the younger finally managed to stutter out, his heart sinking as tears unknowingly start to form in his eyes. Kenta nods, his lips pursed together as he breathes out shakily.

"I know, so this is why I want you to give her this", the boy smiled, handing him a medium sized box wrapped in light blue wrapping paper, a gold bow on top of it. He then handed him a small letter with a light pink carnation on it, hand-painted by him. "It's her birthday present. I understand that she might still hate me, but I love her too much to not give her a present"

Daniel pressed his lips into a thin line, clutching onto the letter tightly, his eyebrows knit together. "When are you leaving?", he breathes out, looking up at the older with a tear threatening to fall from his eyes.

"10:29 at the park-- that's where I saw myself die"

Kenta noticed his friend's depressed mood, the sadness consuming the younger's body as he stared off into nothing. The boy laughed slightly, flicking Daniel's forehead and tried to remain positive.

"It's too nice of a day, let my news not make it sad. Besides, in just one month you're going to debut!"

But you won't be there with Haeun, being a happy couple, Daniel thought, his thoughts clouded with sad things.