Prologue

Collin surveyed the vast cave he stood in, there were multiple iron ores and a few Redstone ores, but he did not bother to mine any since he was busy looking for those blue, shiny rocks. As he walked deeper into the dark cave, he could hear a hissing noise right behind him. Instinctively, he leaped forward quickly and a split second later, there was a huge bang.

The explosion had caused a messy hole in the ground and Collin breathed a sigh of relief; glad that he had jumped out of the way in time. That was when a skeleton and a spider suddenly decided to emerge from another part of the cave. "Just my luck," he said to himself as he charged forward with his iron sword drawn.

The spider crawled quickly towards him with red, hostile eyes. When the eight-legged terror was only a block away from Collin, it leaped forward, ready to strike down its victim. Collin, however, dodged the attack with ease and stabbed the monster from the side. The spider fell onto the ground and vanished, leaving a piece of string behind. Before he had time to pick it up, the remaining skeleton fired an arrow in his direction.

This time though, he did not have enough time to avoid the attack. The flying arrow pierced into his iron chest plate and he stumbled back in pain. Collin pulled out the dart from his armour and ran towards the skeleton, deflecting the next arrow with his blade. When he was close enough, he swung his sword quickly through the skeleton archer's body, shattering its bones into many pieces.

Satisfied, he continued his way further into the cave and he soon came to a stop at a cliff. Looking down, he saw hot, boiling lava. That was when he felt a strong shove from behind him, sending him sprawling downwards to the fiery lake. Turning around, he saw who had pushed him off; standing on the edge of the cliff, looking down at him while he was falling to his death, was a figure with white, glowing eyes and an evil grin.