{4} "Pft yeah, okay."

Sebastian

Sebastian

"See you around, Meg," I said as I started walking away.

"Only my friends call me Meg!" She called back and I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help the smile that threatened to show at her smart ass remark. She's feisty, I'll give her that. Doesn't mean I like her though.

All I've heard for the past couple of weeks has been 'Meghan this' and 'Meghan that' and 'oh poor Meghan.' Savannah is the only one in the group who really knows why this chick decided to show up out of the blue, and I've tried to pry it out of her but that girl has the secret under lock and key.

Meghan seems perfectly fine to me.

Sure, she stares for too long and I think she zoned out at least eleven different times during class. But other than that, I don't see what the big deal is.

Then again, she could just be a really good liar.

One thing that took me by surprise though was how fast she managed to get away from me once she realized we were sat together. Now, I know I wasn't the friendliest and I also may have muttered my annoyance a little too loud but usually I'm the one who tends to get away. She downright had the professor re-assign her seat just so that she didn't have to bother me.

I also saw her trying to text Chelsea, it was cute how she thought she was being subtle about it. I have to remember to thank her for not sending it though, Chelsea would've handed my ass on a silver platter if she found out I was treating her like garbage.

"Yo, Hawke!" My name being called brings me out of my thoughts and I make eye contact with Jason, whose making his way towards me. "What's good, man?" He gives me a pat on the shoulder before walking alongside me. "You disappeared Friday night, what happened?"

"I just wasn't in the mood, I guess." I give him a shrug and his face deadpans. "She's a sweet girl, don't ice her out like you did with all of us at first." I roll my eyes and continue walking, "I'm not ice-ing her out," I mumble and I hear Jason choke on a laugh, "Pft yeah, okay."

We walk up the stairs towards the second floor, both of us drowning in our thoughts before Jason spoke up again. We stop outside of my Macroeconomics class, Jason has his hands in his pockets and a sad smile on his face. "Just... take it easy on her, okay? Chelsea says she's been through some tough shit."

"She seems fine to me."

"You did too, but we all know that's not true." And with that he turned around and walked away, leaving me with a dark cloud over my head.

Smug asshole.

"What're you doing here, Seb?" Chelsea opens the door wide enough for me to slip through and into the living room

"What're you doing here, Seb?" Chelsea opens the door wide enough for me to slip through and into the living room. I place my backpack by the couch and stride over to the kitchen, in search of some refreshment.

"Please, make yourself at home, why don't you?" She says, sarcasm dripping onto every word. I give her a pointed look before opening up the fridge and taking out a cola.

"Where's your new roomie?" I glance around the penthouse, listening intently to pin point if she's here.

"She's at an appointment with her- um- she's just out," she mumbles and darts her eyes all over the place, trying to settle on anything but me.

Weird.

"I came to talk to you, actually," I say as I walk towards one of the stools on the breakfast bar and sit, motioning her to follow. She tilts her head to the side, analyzing my facial expression before walking and sitting down herself.

"What about?" She asks, turning her body to face me.

"What really happened to Meghan?"

Her body stiffens and her face drains of color as she slowly shifts her body away from me. "Chelsea, why is she here?" I ask again.

Suddenly, we hear a key turn in the lock followed by the door opening. Something thumps onto the floor, a bag I'm assuming, before we start to hear stifled sobs coming from the living room.

"Dammit!" Chelsea mumbles under her breath before she looks back at me, eyes pleading. "Please, Seb. I'm begging you, stay right here and don't make a sound. Understood?" Before I can even reply, she's rushing out of her seat and disappears from the kitchen, into the living room.

Stay here, my ass.

I get up from my seat as silently as possible, making sure to watch where I step as I head towards the corner of the kitchen that gives me a slight view of the front door.

There, slumped on the floor across from me sits Meghan. Her head is resting on Chelsea's shoulder, body shaking and the occasional sob emanating from her lips. Chelsea is rubbing her hair with one hand, whispering something in her ear and causing Meghan to nod her head.

They both start to get up, Chelsea practically hauling Meghan off the floor and draping one of her arms around her.

"We'll get you a different doctor, Meg," I heard Chelsea whisper as they disappear into the hallway that leads to their bedrooms.

I walk back towards the stools and sit down once again. It's about five minutes later when Chelsea finally makes a reappearance, running a hand through her hair in frustration.

"Is she okay?" I ask, genuinely concerned for the girl.

"Um, yeah. I hope so." She gives me a sad smile in return. I have the urge to ask her more about the situation, but after seeing what just happened I'm guessing it's not the smartest of ideas.

"Do you mind if I go talk to her?" I blurt out, taking both me and Chelsea by surprise. She glances at me and then back towards the entryway before settling her gaze back to mine.

"I don't think that's a very good idea, Sebastian." She shakes her head, blonde hair covering her face.

"Why was she so upset?" I egg her on, knowing that it'll get me nowhere.

"Why are you asking so many goddamn questions?!" She snaps at me. Her eyes widen as realization hits her. The air is knocked out of my lungs as I stare back at her, my own eyes wide in disbelief. "Seb, I didn't mean to snap at you. I just-"

"You know, all this secretive shit you guys have going on is really starting to annoy the hell out of me." I cut her off, getting up from my seat and walking out to the living room. I hear her footsteps follow me as I reach down to grab my bag and make my way to the front door.

"Sebastian, it's not our secret to tell," she whispers back, but I'm already out the door.