{16} "So, what happens now?"

Meghan

Meghan

The diner was buzzing with people when we entered. The waitresses were practically running around, numerous plates of food on their trays, as they set about to bring them to their respective tables. I was still tucked into Sebastian's side, which at the moment I was grateful for considering how many times I was nearly knocked over, people muttering their apologies as they went.

"Table for two?" The hostess asked, eyeing Sebastian from head to toe. She had a dangerous glint in her eyes, making me quite angry and resulting in me cuddling myself closer to him.

"Yes, please," I answered her as I smiled sweetly up at Sebastian. When I turned my attention back to the hostess, named Emily, she had a scowl on her face and I had a triumphant grin on mine. She led us through the maze of people, practically stomping her feet as she walked.

"What was that, sunshine?" Sebastian murmured in my ear. An ice-cold chill ran up my spine as his breath tickled my skin, but pushing all those thoughts aside I shrugged.

"I didn't like the way she was looking at you," I said and a low chuckle sounded from within him. He squeezed me a little harder, pressing a kiss to the top of my head before our dear Emily sat us down at the table.

It was a corner booth next to the window, there were rays of sunshine streaming in from behind all of the buildings around us and shining down through the windows of the diner. I sat down and slid over to the window, allowing the sun to warm up my very cold face. I felt an arm drape around my shoulders and I turned to find Sebastian sitting beside me, holding a menu with his free hand and reading it through.

Our waitress walked up to our table, she had blonde hair and red lips with the bluest eyes I had ever seen. She was gorgeous and her smile was warm, but once her eyes landed on Sebastian and a seductive smirk appeared on her face, I immediately disliked her.

What is wrong with you? A snarky voice in my head chimed in. Why all the sudden jealousy?

"Can I get you anything to drink, handsome?" She purred, leaning over slightly so that her too-tight work shirt put her chest on display. I felt my hand clench into a fist beside me, my entire body went stiff. Did she even see me sitting here? Sebastians arm is clearly wrapped around me, does she have no sense of respect?

You're not dating, the voice in my head said, you can't act like this.

Oh, to hell with that.

"Yes, actually. He'll have a sweet tea, a slice of lemon inside, not on the rim," I said the word 'inside' as slowly as possible, "and light ice, he doesn't like when it gets watered down. As for me, I'll have a glass of orange juice." She looked at me wide-eyed for a moment, as if seeing me for the first time since she walked up to us.

Maybe if she hadn't been eye-fucking Sebastian, my inside voice snappily replied.

She just stood there, a scowl beginning to form on her lips as I arched an eyebrow at her, "I'm pretty sure you are no longer needed."