{19} "You're here."

Meghan

Meghan

"Chelsea, we need to leave now or else we'll be late!" I yelled from the living room while shoving my notebook into my bag. I rushed to the couch and put my MacBook in its case before swinging my bag over my shoulder. Chelsea came barreling down the hallway a few seconds later looking flustered as she ran a hand through her blonde hair.

"Sorry!" She piped up quickly, "I overslept but I'm ready to go!" And she ran out of the apartment. I followed right after her, locking up and meeting her at the elevators. On the way down I pulled my phone out and opened up my messages to send Sebastian a quick text.

Me: Morning! Chels and I might stop at Starbucks, want anything?

I lock my phone and put it in my back pocket right as the elevator doors open on the ground floor. Chelsea loops her arm through mine as we head towards the front doors, waving goodbye to the doorman as we walk past.

"So how're you? I hardly see you anymore and we live together," she pouts and I laugh. "I'm good actually, really good." I say with a smile and she tightens her hold on my arm. We spend the next few minutes talking about anything that comes to mind before stopping inside Starbucks. I pull my phone out, but there's no response from Sebastian.

I look at the texts, my eyes zeroing in on the little notification under the message I sent.

Read: 07:23 AM

What the hell?

"She'll have a venti iced white mocha, soy milk and the whip is fine with a blueberry muffin," I hear Chelsea order for me. "Does Seb want anything, Meg?" I tear my gaze away from my phone and shake my head, "Um no, he doesn't." A weird feeling settles itself in my stomach, he's never ignored any of my messages before. I run a mental check of everything that happened yesterday, trying to pin-point if there was anything that I did or said that upset him or anything that could've happened to make him ignore me.

But I came up blank.

The only thing that it could be was whatever he had to do yesterday after our dinner, but he was in an okay mood then. I decide that I'll just ask him during class if everything is okay.

 I decide that I'll just ask him during class if everything is okay