[7]The Girl Next Door <33

Hey Wattpaders :)

its another chapter hope you like it :)

comment, vote, fan all the good stuff basically :)

love TaraIsabellaCullen

__________________________________________________________________

The Girl Next Door

Chapter 7

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked Sam trying to keep the hysteria out of my voice

"Long enough!" he smirked

I blushed even more if that was even possible!

"Can I read this amazing poem?" he asked

"NO!" I squealed my voice going a few octaves high. I grabbed the poem off Miss Newton's desk and shoved it in the bottom of my bag.

Sam started chuckling at my actions causing me to blush even more.

"Grace don't forget your homework assignment. I'm expecting another great poem!" Miss Newton said smiling to herself

"Ok Bye Miss!" I said walking out of her classroom to where Sam was standing at the door. Still chuckling at me, he put his arm around my shoulder.

"What am I going to do with you Grace?" He muttered to himself leading me towards the cafeteria.

"Why does everyone keep saying that to me today?" I asked.

Sam just chuckled in response which was the most annoying thing ever. I glared up towards him. Not that he even noticed he was too busy strutting down the hall way thinking he was a Greek Go-.

"It's funny how I'm not even looking at you but I now you pouting like a little kid!" He said chuckling to himself.

"You know what Sam? You are such a jerk sometimes!" I snapped

I grabbed his arm pulling it off my shoulder and stomped towards the cafeteria, leaving him standing in the corridor. He reached me in two quick strides and pulled my arm back making me look at him. He was staring at me with wide eyes and his bottom lip was quivering. I just looked away knowing his puppy dog eyes would make me give in and forgive him for being a jerk in seconds.

"Oh come on Graceeyy I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you!" He pleaded

He actually sounded genuine and when I looked at his face he was smiling a small smile all traces of pretence gone. I was staring at my Sam and he was staring right back. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as we continued walking.

"Are you ok Grace you haven't been the same lately?" He asked sounding concerned.

My breathing increased as soon as I heard his question. Did he know? Had he guessed my feelings towards him? What should I say?

"Is it about your parents because there not back yet?" He asked

My parents! "Err...yeah it is!" I stammered, guilty looking away from his emerald eyes

He soothingly rubbed my arm, "Don't worry Grace they'll be back soon and in the mean time you got me. So if your need me, just call me and I promise I will come

running!" He pulled me into a big bear hug, the side of my face resting against his chest whilst he softly stroked my hair.

When we broke apart I could feel my eyes were filling with unshed tears. I had been so pre-occupied with Sam that I didn't even think about my parents. Well I say parents but I really wouldn't mind if mom never comes back but my dad, I love him to bits. I always have. What can I say I'm a daddy's little girl and at times like this I really miss him not being around! It may sound really mean to have a favourite parent but I do. My mom has never cared about me. To her I'm just a nuisance, someone else taking my dad's attention from her! Personally I doubt she ever wanted kids but probably just had me to make my dad happy. You see my mom's a career driven women. She values what other people think of her and her family. To her image is the most important thing. She has always been seen as this perfect human being. When she was my age she was head cheerleader, president of her year and ran her high school newspaper. When she graduated she went to the prestigious Harvard University where she met my day, she majored in law and is now the second best lawyer in the entire state of Connecticut's - second to my dad of course! She's perfect and I'm the complete opposite and every time she looks at me all she sees is disappointment. So she spends most of her time away moving from state to state doing everything and anything to give her a good enough reason to stay away from me. It's just a pity she has to take my dad away with her. But hey I'm fine with being on my own now or at least that's what I tell everyone.

"Grace it's going to be ok trust me!" Sam said lifting my face with his fingers so I could see into his eyes. "You got me and I will always be there! Now come on let's get some food before I die of hunger!" He said making me laugh.

We both walked into the hall laughing at Sam's rumbling belly as we made our way over to our usual table with the rest of the guys. Sam walked towards the queue to get his food and I took my seat at the table next to Ebony. I could hear Serena, Blair and Lo gossiping on the other side of Ebony. I chuckled to myself that's our Lo always there to fill us in on what's happening. The guys were sitting opposite me and we're talking loudly about football, eating pizza slices and just being typical boisterous jocks. Ebony was staring at me wiggling her eyebrows but I just ignored her. Sam had finally come back and he placed a pizza slice in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked

"It's food" He said smiling

"I know that dumbass but why did you buy one for me?"

"Do I need a reason to buy my best friend food? And besides you need to eat food so you can grow big and strong like me!" He said winking, then taking a big bite of

the pizza he joined in with the boy's conversation about the upcoming football game. I couldn't help but smile at him and then began eating my own pizza and listening to the happy chatter of all my friends.

"Hey Grace" Nate called

"Yeah..."

"Are you coming to the game on Saturday?"

"Yeah I wouldn't miss it for the world Nate!! I mean I can't not come and watch my boys kicking the Bear Creek Warriors butts can I!" I smiled as they all cheered.

Everyone started getting pumped talking about the game and how we were going to win. I looked up and smiled at Sam and he smiled back but just as I was beginning to enjoy lunch SHE walked over, closely followed by her two clones.