"It's an emergency!"

"True realization of love comes when the threat to lose it looms."

Without wasting a single minute Emma and Dave took Sam to the hospital. In about 20 mins they reached there, hospital staff assisted him and were busy shifting him to the emergency department.

***
Emma pov
When I saw him on the ground, I was so afraid, what if something happens to him? These thoughts were killing me already.
As soon we reached there, I ran to the emergency section to assist his treatment. Finally he was fine now, actually his blood pressure dropped way to low due the medication given to him as a result of which he fainted. Thank God he was fine I sighed as I made my way out of the emergency ward.

While walking towards the reception something caught my eye. People were staring at me awkardly I realized that I was still dressed up in that knee length dress and smokey make up, which were not appropriate for a senior doctor to wear around the hospital. Damn embarassing!

I immediately called Ria to drop me some clothes so that I can change as I had to stay at the hospital tonight. She got me pair of black jeans and a grey lining shirt which made me sensible enough to be related as a senior doctor.

***
In the morning at about 9 am she went to his room. He was sitting on the bed while Dave sitting beside him on the couch looking at her with a regretful expression. She did not say anything and started examining him until Dave broke the deadly silence in the room.

"Emma we are sorry." he apologized.
Emma did not say a word.
"Emma." Sam called her softly.
Emma continued with Sam's examination while ignoring them especially Sam and left the room without even replying a single word to them as soon as she was done with the examination.

***
Sam pov
She didn't utter a single word, this was hurting me so bad. I wanted to hear her voice. Her voice was now my addiction, it made me alive.

Days passed and once again everything turned back to normal.
Emma was busy with her hospital routine and had completely forgotten about Sam. On the other side Sam was also busy in his life .

Sam's life was pretty different from Emma's. He was someone born with a golden spoon in mouth.
As he belonged from a wealthy background and his father was a self made bussiness man of the city. He went to best school and best college and was a successful professional with a perfect job.

Sam did looked like one but he was not a rich spoiled brat but a gentlemen who does not drink too much, who doesn't like to hook up with different women or to extravagantly spend his dad's money but to enjoy the true essence of life. He was different, a loving and obedient son, a caring brother, a real friend and maybe the best lover.

***
Emma pov
Its 25th nov, my mom's birthday so I got her a perfume 'eternity by Ck', a bouquet of flowers and a dark chocolate cake, I knew it was her favourite! I was dressed up in black jeans and a black cardinal with a pair of black joggers as it was turning cold by now.

I rang the doorbell of her place, handed the things to the maid and left. Yes I didn't went inside, I know she hates and I don't want her to feel bad on her birthday.

She loved dad so much, it was difficult for her to bare the pain of his death, it was stinging for her to move on after his death, she needs some more time and I am happily willing to give her as much time she requires.
I love you mom, happy birthday.

Then I went to meet my dad, yes he's dead, I went to his grave! It was about to dusk and weather had also turned chilly. I usually go to meet him when I miss him. I had tears in my eyes which were rolling down my cheeks as I conversed with him as if he were alive and standing right in front of me.

Whenever I missed him I used to come and pour out whatever I had I had in my heart in belief that he can actually listen and act to it.
I stayed there for about few minutes, until my phone rang, it was Eric.

"Hello." he said on phone.
I stayed silent so that he won't hear my cries but he heard my sobs.
"Emma, you are crying? Emma say something." He asked worridly.
Finally I spoke
"I am good, I came to see dad so.., I'll reach there in few min."
"Ok take care, see you." he replied laughing, to enlighten my mood.

Tonight me, Eric and Ria were planning to dine out in a Japanese restaurant. It was Ria's idea, she loves trying new things.

From there I drove to the restaurant where Ria and Eric were waiting for me. Ria was wearing a red sweater with a black jeans with her blonde hair open and a red lipstick perfectly adorning her lips. Eric was dressed in brown coat and blue jeans which actually complemented him alot.

It was nice having dinner with them plus the food was also great far from my expectations.
"You remember Sam?" Eric questioned me.
"My patient, yeah." I replied trying to avoid this topic.
"How is he?" I asked preventing eye contact with him.
"He is doing great for himself, he did made a fast recovery." he added with proud smile.

I was not comfortable talking about him because it was like riding a rollercoaster of emotions for me, firstly I hated him because his dad killed my father, second I wanted to see him. It was like a fight going on between my Id and superego and eventually every time Ego won.!

"At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life."

_______________