"Justice"

It was a bright morning, birds chirped as sun rose up the sky, with those rays of sunlight tiptoeing softly on Emma's eyes. She opened them to realise that she was surrounded by her blue denim shoes, about four empty beer cans, her mulberry scarf and Sam! Who was sleeping peacefully with his arms around Emma.

Sam wearing a neutral expression on his face. He was wearing black jeans and a blue shirt with sleeves folded till his elbows and a dark blue tie loosened around his neck. She was looking at him with a crazy smile feeling his face with her cold fingers and playing with his hair falling on his forehead.

She glared him admiring his facial features and a sense of protectivity with his arms holding her. After her father's death she longed for this feeling, the feeling you have when someone hugs you in order to shield you from the evil world.
She wished that she would never wake up from this beautiful dream. Few minutes passed with her still believing the whole situation as a dream but just then Sam woke up.

"Hey sleepy head, your up?" He greeted her while yawning.
"Sam, is this really you?" She exclaimed.
"Yes, this is me." He replied, removing strands of dark brown hair from her face.
"I am sorry Sam, please don't go, I was really mad at that time..." she spoke but he cut her off by placing a finger on her lips.
"Sh...sh...no need to. It's okay....I am sorry too." He said.

His touch made her feel on top of the world. It made her believe that she is not alone.
"How did you get here?" She asked him.
"After that argument with you, I got a call from my boss so I had to go to office. I was on my way home when Dave and Simon called me and told me about you. So then I got your spare key from Ria and ....I came here." He ended.

"I love you Sam." She said to him.
"I love you too." Sam replied with her face between his palms comforting her.
"Emma, please stop killing yourself with this addiction. I fear losing you." He spoke to her softly.
"I don't need anything, when you are with me Sam. You are now my addiction now." She replied smiling.

They kept sitting in the same position with Sam's arm snaked around Emma's neck. Emma's head hidden in Sam's chest and Sam's head rested on her head.

"Sam, how did you know lavender roses are my favourite flowers?" She asked him out of nowhere.
"Well I didn't, they are my favourite aswell." he replied intertwining his fingers with her.

"So you did like those, why did you slaped me then?" He asked.
"Ummm... because I was falling for you already so I had to do something to make you hate me!" She replied with a naughty smile.

Sam's phone rang.
Sam saw the caller id and swiped it to answer the call. He took the call with his face brightened up as he acknowledged that it was from his dad but the moment he heard the caller his face turned dull. His facial expressions changed from happy to worried. He abruptly stood up leaving Emma and answered "I am coming." on the call and hung up. Soon after he rushed out of her apartment telling Emma briefly about the situation.

***
Sam pov
When I was at her apartment, I got a call from dad but it was not him speaking on the phone but his driver. He told me that on their way to the office they had an accident as their car brakes failed as a result of which their car banged into another car. They were escorted to nearby hospital. The driver was fine but dad was not.

I drived myself to the hospital, for the second time in my life I was driving with 100 km/hr plus speed. I reached the hospital in about 30 mins. I entered the hospital and was making fast steps towards the reception while dialing Simon's number on my phone.
My heart was racing really fast, I hope he is fine. I was not psychologically prepared for any such a situation.

He was critically injured, with many fractures including damage to the spinal cord. According to the doctors , he was suffering from damaged spinal cord due to which his consciousness was restricted.

***
Finally after four days Albert opened his eyes, though the doctors were still not hopeful of his survival. It had been few hours he woke up, he called Sam, handed him a paper, instructed him to direct his lawyer as written on the paper. Due to the injuries he was not able to speak.

He abided to his father's instructions and proceeded with his orders. He called his lawyer and outlined him the instructions to prepare the documents. After that he herded himself to the corridor with a bleeding heart.

He settled down on grey coloured chairs with his fists held tightly and his eyes shedding tears. He was taken aback by Emma's text.
"hi, how is your dad? Is everything fine?"
He couldn't gather courage to answer her so he decided to simply ignore it.

"It's the unexpected that changes our lives."