"We need to talk"

She disconected the call.
His words stabbed her like a spiky dagger that harshly pierced it's way through her chest cavity penetrating its poisonious venum into her heart.

She fell on the wooden floor of her living room on her knees making a sound of thud, her hands on her knees, her eyes focused on the mirror in front of her and her tears falling one by one on the floor.

"With all the smiles you brought me, I never thought that you could cause me so many tears."

***

"Okay," Sam said nodding like a obedient son."But on one condition." He added.
"What?" Albert asked with his eyebrows raised high.
"Simon, get me that black file from my cupboard." He yelled.
After five minutes, she came with the file and placed it on the desk.
Sam took hold of the file and presented it to Albert, who was standing in the middle of the study. She pretended to leave the room but stood behind the door secretly listening to their conversation.

Albert sat down on the sofa and scanned the whole file. As his gaze moved to the end of the document, he stood up and roared. "How dare you?" tossing the file in the air.

Sam took two steps ahead towards Albert.
"Dad, let's make a deal, I'll leave Emma and you nullify what's been wronged." Sam spoke while mantaining a nice eye contact with him. "Otherwise?" Albert asked in a high tone with his hands folded to his chest.
"I'll go to the police." He said with a plain face and stood like a rock.

In less than a moment Albert moved towards Sam, punched him in the face roughly and held him by his collar.
"I can see what that bitch has done to you, don't provoke me or I will kill that -_--__--_ aswell." He replied to Sam with his face bursting with anger and his turned eyes red.
Sam didn't uther a word but kept on staring Albert calmly and didn't even struggled to get his grip off him.

"Dad, leave him." Simon came in running. Albert left him with a jerk and he fell on the floor with blood oozing out of his nose. He wiped it with his hand and smiled. Simon was assisting him to stand up, he spoke
"Dad, you have to think upon it." And left the study with Simon leaving behind Albert puzzled.

***
Emma pov
I am so late, I hope I reach there in time for dinner. Ria and Eric will not leave me if I get late this time. Damn this signal. It was red, she picked her clutch to pulled out a mirror and her lipstick. In the hurry to leave she forgot to apply it to her lips. She was applying a smooth coat of maroon lipstick which complemented with her black jeans and maroon top.

Suddenly her phone beeped. She swiped it open to find Sam contacting her on for the nth time. She prefered not to take his call.

The dinner went quite good, good food, nice chat and melodious music.

***
"Miss Maria, is Dr Veronica back from her leave?" Dr Emma asked her.
"Not yet." She answered.
"Hmm... please give these files to Dr Adam." Emma told Miss Maria.
"Dr Emma, there is a gentleman waiting for you in the waiting area." She informed Emma.
"Ok I'll see." Emma replied.

She walked her way to the waiting area. There she saw a man standing like a rugged rock, emotionless dressed in black pants and grey lining shirt. Before she could say anything he turned to her and blurted out. It was Albert.

"No time for greetings. Let's directly come to the point, I must say you play very nicely. My son never spoke in front of me in years and because of you he fought with me," He was looking right into her eyes. She tried to speak but he cut her again, angrily.

He continued "I ordered him to leave you and he being a brilliant son did agreed but only if I give you back your damn father's damn share." He took a step forward towards her glaring at her angrily and whispered
"Listen Doc, If I can murder my brother, I can surely murder you, your mom or even my own son. Don't you dare inflame me!" He finally stopped, and barged towards the exit of the hospital leaving Emma entirely amazed.

Soon when she came back to her senses, she registered that every one around her were staring at her shockingly. She looked around, while taking her stethoscope out of her pocket to pretend to look normal and walked herself to the cafeteria. As she made her steps a strong breeze of guilt swirled through her.

"Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death."