"Tables do turn"

"Meet me tonight." He texted her.
"Why?" She wrote.
"Need to talk, something important." Sam.
"When?" Emma.
"When ever you are free?" Sam.
"Around 11 pm." Emma.
"Ok then I'll see you in the hospital parking lot at 11 15 pm." Sam.
"Ok." Emma.

***
"Dr Adam, patient from ward 6 is fine now, so I guess we should discharge him." Emma said while facing Dr Adam.
"Yes you are right, discharge him tomorrow." he told her.
"Fine." She nodded.
"And go through this file, we will discuss this case tomorrow morning." He passed me a red file." I guess that's all for today." He added.
"I'll take your leave Dr." She said and exited the cabin moving through the corridor.

"Evening Emma." someone approached  her from the back.
She turned to find out it was Roy , another senior doctor.
"Good evening to you too." She replied with a warm smile.

She moved out of the hospital and took the elevator to the parking lot.

She was walking along the parking lot of the hospital. She was walking along the cemented floor when she saw Sam seated on the front seat of a black car.

***
Emma pov
He was dressed in grey attire with his brown black hair falling playfully on his forehead. He was engaged in his phone when he saw me and opened the front door of the passenger seat gesturing me to sit in his car.

"Hi." I greeted him.
"Hey, I wanted to show you something." He presented me a blue file.
I went through the file thorwly and turned to him.
"Why did you show me this?" I asked him plainly.
"Do you have any evidences regarding that case?" He asked me straightforwardly.
"No, they were stolen the night dad was murdered." I told him.
"Why are you upto?" I asked him out of curiosity.
"I will persue him to undo this." He answered.
I instantly jumped out of his car stood with my back stacked with his car. He also followed me.
"Don't do this." I pleaded him out of frustration.
"Why?" He asked in surprise.
"He is your family, good or bad but he is your father. Atleast you have a family don't ruin it for my sake." I spoke soft enough to melt him.

"Listen I love you but I am not doing this because I love you or out of pity but because I stand for truth. If I see any injustice done infront of me I don't prefer enjoying the show, I prefer to take stand for it," He stopped. I could see that aggression on his face coupled with stress.

"I love my father, he is my mentor. I don't want him to be unjust because someday tables do turn. I am doing this to prevent him from any future harm." He continued.
Today his voice sounded bit different. It highlighted that he was suffering really bad. He was standing with his back towards the wall with his left foot balanced on the wall and his head turned towards the roof.

Emma pov
Today I saw an almost different Sam. He was angry yet frustrated, just like me. When you are shattered inside and comes out as aggression. When it becomes really hard to engulf the bitter truth but reality strikes it.

He stood firmly in the same position and kept on staring the roof as if he is deeply drowned in his thoughts. I moved from where I was standing and towards the front door of the driver's seat of his car. I opened it and took hold of the steering wheel, switching on the engine. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't even noticed me making move.

***
Sam came back to reality when Emma started honking horn at him.
He was quite amazed at Emma and had lost his words as he was not able to figure out what she was upto. He was looking at her with a confused expression with his eyes wider than ever!
"Get in the car." Emma shouted with michivious smile on her lips.

He sat in the car beside Emma on the passenger seat potraying a mixed expression of confusion yet delight.
"Hold on tight, Mr Sam Athens." She said and pushed the accelerator hard as possible.

"She was itself. Wild and free. Wonderfully chaotic. A perfectly put together mess."