"Happy new year"

It was almost 2 months after Albert died and Sam and Emma contacted each other. It was the time just before sunset when Sam entered the graveyard where Albert rested, holding flower garlands in his hand. He was walking into the graveyard when he saw a lady with brown hair setting flowers on Albert and James's graves. He was quite amazed.

He kept standing there behind the rock and was quite astonished to know that it was Emma. He then continued himself to the grave.

Emma turned back and saw him when she felt some one approaching. Sam also stopped for a moment. They didn't talked but their eyes did. Their eyes clearly expressed that both of them were glad to see each other and their hearts still beat for each other.
Sam laid the flowers and stood there silently for few minutes, Emma followed him. After that both of them departed with a desire to meet up once again but this time they left it to fate which was entirely responsible for them falling in love.

"Don't be afraid of waiting. True love will always be back."

***

After few days

She was asleep snuggled in her warm quilt when once again door bell rang.
She yawned, jumped out of her bed, took her jacket and opened the door.

Somebody had sent her flowers, lavender roses.

"I would be obliged to have the honour of your company tonight at 7pm at Berkeley park
Sam."

The note inside the flowers said, As she read it slowly with a shy smile emerging on her lips and her eyes shining. Once again she decided to show up.

She wore a blue jeans, with green coat, pink scarf and yellow shoes. She let her hair open with those brown curls dancing around. She applied some gloss on her lips and left her apartment happily.

She reached there by 7 15 pm. She spotted him standing across the bridge wearing blue jeans, black jacket and white shoes.

The moment he saw her, he started smiling. She walked to him with a plain expression. Now she was standing in front of him.

She raised her hand and held Sam by front of his shirt, stood on her toes and pulled him into a deep kiss which left Sam's eyes wide open in shock

In few seconds they embraced eachother into their arm. Sam's arms around Emma's waist and Emma's arms around his neck.

They opened their eyes and separated.
"You are so unpredictable!" Sam told her wiping her gloss from his lips.
"I'll take it as a compliment." She replied while laughing.

"by the way when you raised your hand, I was expecting another slap."
He added caressing her hair.
Both of them broke into laughing.

Suddenly Sam moved a step back. Emma wondered why he did so.
He knelt on his knees pulling out a box from his pocket revealing a sparkling ring. As she saw the ring her heart started to beat faster than ever.
"Miss Emma Athens, would you like to spend the rest of your life with me as my beloved wife." Sam asked her with his deep intoxicating gaze on her.

Emma felt like a strong breeze went through her making her delightfully happy. She was again looking into his eyes in which this time she could see her own self, her reflection shining in his eyes.

 She was again looking into his eyes in which this time she could see her own self, her reflection shining in his eyes

She stood rugged like a rock out of happiness. Finally she presented him her hand with her face bursting with joy and he slipped that ring into her finger. As he stood up with her hand in his hand, he pulled her into a deep hug.

 As he stood up with her hand in his hand, he pulled her into a deep hug

"Ability to wait is the sign of true love. Be patient and you'll get everything you want."

***
It was almost midnight and stars were scattered all over the black sky making it look extremely magnificent. Under the blanket of these stars two souls were present drowned in eachother.

Emma and Sam were laying on the grass covered in white blanket of snow under the dark sky. Emma was laying down with her head rested on Sam's left arm and her arms on her chest while Sam's other arm was placed under his head. Both of them were gazing the beautiful sky simultaneously being lost in eachother. Sam's fingers were busy playing with Emma's soft hair and she was playing with his sweater's buttons.

"Sam" Emma called out to him.
"Yeah" he answered.
"Remember last year?" She asked him mischievously.
He started to laugh until she turned to him laying on her stomach. She joined him aswell.
"Yes. How can I forget that." he answered controlling his laughter.
"Sorry for that. You know what, I cried the whole night." she said.
"Me too." Sam said moving her fingers through her soft hair.
"Everything will be fine right?" Emma asked him with her eyes gazing deeply into his eyes.
"Maybe yes, maybe not. Does it really matter now?" Sam said.
"No. It does not matters as long as we stand together." she replied him with her lips curved into a smile and hand held tightly in Sam's hand.

Just then people around the park started shouting the count down to the new year. Sam and Emma stood up still wrapped in each other's arms. They looked around in amazement because they had totally forgotten that they were surrounded by crowd of people. Quite embarrassing!

"6...5...3....2...1...happy new year" voices around them.
"Happy new year." Sam wished her hugging her even more harder just like a teddy bear. Emma giggled at him and hugged him back.
"Happy new year." she murmered.

"Love is more than hugs and kisses. Love is about trusting eachother and having faith in eachother."

The end ____________________________________

Hi, so this is the end of the story. As you all know this was my first story, so I am very thankful to all the readers, voters and commenters for supporting me until now.
Honestly speaking, 1.03k reads and 208 votes made my day.
I hope you like my story and I will soon post an epilogue of the story.
taura5

You can also read this story on inkitt.com https://www.inkitt.com/stories/romance/193264?utm_source=shared_ios