Bae or nah

Kendra pov

after our work out. I drop chyna back at home. chyna real name is kia, I we call her by her stage name. I went home and flat iron my hair that stop at my waist. I love this blue. I through on sweats and got ready for work. I jogg down the steps. I stared at my car keys to my Honda coup. I decide not to drive but to walk to work and get more exercise. I walked to work and put on my "show". a little gig I do. "exotic dancing for private parties". it make quick fast and easy money. I walked home in the dark again. I walked on the side walk. I came upon police cars with guys against the wall. i kept walking then I seen one of my friend ace. ace was a huge drug lord. known to New Orleans as King. I walked up. "hey king." I said. "mane .. hey tootsie" he said. tootsie was the nick name he gave me. "and it's ace to you.. u fam." he added. "my bad.. what u doing out here?" I asked. "you know making drops.. you still working at the club?" he said then asked. "yeap!" I know ace was mad after I said that. him and Kenny use to be like brothers until Kenny accused ace of sleeping with his girl and going behind his back hiding money from him. Kenny Hates that I still talk to ace but oh well he's good people. "you know I don't like you there but I know you gotta hussel too... but hurry and get home cause ain't no puppy play at this time of night." he said looking down at me. I nodded. he pulled me into a hug and I kept walking. I walked pass some dudes who were eyeing me. i sped up my walking. I still have a lil ways to my house. I walked then I notice some one following me. I kept walking. "AYE BEBE!!!" I heard the man yelled. I thought my accent is thick..this nigga! I kept walking. he the snatch my arm. "bitvh didn't you hear me calling you!" he said in my hear. he start pulling me towards the vacant house. I pulled back and tried to fight him but he was too strong. "LET HER GO!" I turn to see a dude holding a gun. the guy let me go and ran off. I sat there in the grass trying to get up . "grab my hand" he said. I looked up and seen august. He helped me up. I got my bag. "you know Kenny don't want you out this late..anf your mom!" he said almost yelling. idk why all my brother friends think they my brother too. "thanks but look I'm grown ..Kenny nor my mom give af about me so whateva." I said rolling my eyes. he then mocked me in a mumble girly voice. "girl come on !" he then side . we got in his car and we drove to his house.