CHAPTER 10

Kyala's pov:

I was walking towards my first class. It's Monday, I have to make sure to get attention of the little Diana. I never thought there would be a day I would be seeking a little child's attention. I slightly laugh at the irony. Well we learn with time right.

"Hey, Kyala."It was Philip. Ryan's bestfriend.

"Hey"I smiled.

"You are going to Kate's party?"how does he know? Cause Ryan never share his intentions if it's not giving him profit by doing so. Bestfriend or not he is quite secretive of this. I bet Philip even didn't know Ryan's intention for approaching Reana.

"Hey... Kyala? Back to earth"

"Yeah, sorry."

"I asked are you going to Kate's party. Let me tell you it's always huge! The party every year is a blast."He said smiling broadly. Oh... now I get why he is talking to me. It's cause i am a girl and he needs a partner to enter the party. God!

"Yeah, but I will be a bit late. I have some work to handle at home."I lied. I know he is excited for the party and won't want to be late. So he won't ask me,right.

"Oh..."He said slightly disappointed. I chuckled, boys!

"You know Sophia was excited for the party, but I think she apparently didn't asked by anyone. I hope she gets someone."I said with a sad tone.

"Yeah?!"he said with so much cheer like a light bulb showed up over his head. I laughed and nodded.

I actually don't know if she was asked or not but I know the fact that she has a major crush on Philip. So she won't reject him by any means. Even if she was asked, she would reject him for Philip.

We went to our class.

The rest of the school was a blur.
We were rushing from one corner to other for the preparation of the annual fest.

It's the last class we have got.
"I am giving a project on different mythologies across the world. Collect the information and make a presentation. It will be presented in the fest. So make it perfect if you don't want to fail." Mr. Neil said. Everyone was silent.

Because our teacher here can be a cruel Hunter when it comes to discipline. You don't want to be his prey.

"The projects will be handled by two students each. So pick your partner within five minutes."He said looking at his watch.

"Let's do this togather."It was Philip. He rushed to me with his bag. I was quite confused.

What did he want? Two times in one day to approach someone, it's getting awkward.

"Uh.. okey."I don't have a choice now, do I. I don't have a reason to reject him.

I turned to my side,
Ryan was going back to his seat.
Wait, did he came for me?

"Give me your number. We can decide the study time."He spoke up again. I nodded and gave my number.

"So, let's start the task.
Ronny and Silvia,Mesopotamian
Ryan and Lily,Roman...."and the list went on.

"What is a Mesopotamian?" Philip whispered in my ear. I just laughed.

"One of the Ancient civilizations on earth."I answered. Someone threw a paper ball on Philip with a keep quiet symbol. We turned to find Ryan putting a finger on his lips looking at us. Idiot!

"Kyala and Philip,greek." The teacher said.
I love Hades you know, oh... Hades please take me to you. Please note the sarcasm! I just hate history. I facepalmed myself unconsciously.

"Hey.. hey, are you okey? We can change the topic if you want."He asked with so much worry that i was confused again. I just stared at him wide eyes. What? This guy wants to be a prey just because I don't like the topic.

I shook my head and smiled.
"We can work this out."I said. He smiled. We decided to work after class as its the last one and I have two hours before going to Diana's school.

The class went quickly. I packed my bag to leave the class when Philip suddenly took my bag from me and dragged me outside. He carried the bag for me. What?? He is acting weird.

I turned to find a fuming Ryan looking out of the window and a desperate Lily trying to get his attention. Why is he angry.

Suddenly Philip pulled me towards the library. We looked for the books and worked on it a little before he spoke up.

"Its almost two hours. Let's eat something before we go home."He suggested. I just shook my head politely before answering"I need to be some where, sorry. May be next time!"

"Okay" he said with a sigh. What's with the sigh?

We packed our bags and left on our own ways. I took my car and quickly drove to the school looking for Diana.

There she was. Sitting on a branch swinging her legs. She was alone looking at the road with her beautiful eyes wide like she was waiting for someone.

I parked my car at some distance from her. I walked cash all towards the little girl. She didn't seem to notice me. Good.

"Hello, heart."I said sitting beside her. She looked terrified. Oh boy!

"Who are you?"she asked shifting backward. I just smiled.

"Hey, hey no need to be afraid heart. I just wanted to be your friend. You are alone right."I said making an innocent face. Now she is confused. God she is cute.

"Yeah."she said with a sad face.

"Hey.. what made you sad?"I asked carefully.

"My dad promised to pick me up after school but he isn't here."she said with eyes full of tears. Oh.. God. Please don't cry.

"Oh.. but he will! You know, your daddy loves you."I said smiling,trying to cheer her up.

"Yes!"she shouted happily. So innocent, God she too innocent for her own good.

"So.. I was thinking to get some butterscotch icecream and I was going to ask you but since you are waiting for your dad, I should get it alone." I said with a loud sigh and a fake disappointment. She looked at me with a poppy dog face, and said the one thing that I wanted to hear.

"Can I come??"here we go.