CHAPTER 13

Kyala's pov:

    "What?"this time it was Ryan. He looked confused. I was in the same condition. We have been hanging out only for five days. How can he like me?

  "Kyala, I have liked you for quite a long time. I always admired you from afar.
    When i got to know you personally in this five days, I couldn't help but fall for you."Philip said looking right into my eyes.

    For some reasons it looked fake, it looked revised, like he was remembering an incident from past and he was comparing himself to someone.

    I turned to look at Ryan. He didn't look angry. He looked like he is in some trance. He was trying to remember something, like he found this familiar. Familiar to something in his past.

    "Please give me a chance.I promise I will hold on to you, I would never let you break. You will always be my precious fragile possession."He spoke again.

  His words were holding so much emotions in them that I almost lost myself in them.

   But the emotions in his eyes didn't match with his words. His eyes showed an urge to win, like he was on a race that he wants to win.

    The words he said hit me like a storm. He described the only thing that someone shows me with his gestures. My eyes automatically found their way to the only one who treats me like that,Ryan...
   I may be hallucinating but I am  sure Philip didn't mean any of this.

     "I am sorry, I really am. You are perfect Philip. Every girl would be happy to get you as her boyfriend. But the problem is, I can't bring myself to like you. I have so much going on in my life. I don't want you to get involved in my mess. I am sorry." I told him with an apologistic look.

   "We can work it out togather."He said again. Looks like he didn't get the point. Well I need to do this then.

   "I am sorry but I don't want anyone in my life. I was alone when I needed someone, there was no one, I was bullied, beaten, harassed. Now I am strong. I don't want anyone."He was shocked. I smarked, I bet he remembered how he bullied me.

   His gang were the bully of school. It only changed when Ryan entered school. He didn't exactly stopped them but he is manupulative. He controls all of them without their knowing.

   "I need to go."I said and walked passed him to Ryan. Ryan pulled me to his car and made me sit on the passenger seat. He went to the driver seat.

  "Let it go now, you are safe."huh?

  "What?"I asked. He pointed at my hands. I looked down. I was holding the Dragon again. I felt vulnerable when Philip was confessing me. I don't know why but I felt like he is gonna hurt me.
   Whenever that happens, I don't know why I hold on to the Dragon. It makes me feel safe.

  "Are you okay?"he asked looking at me with worry.

  "Are you?"I asked back.

  "He just got me shocked."He said shaking his head.

  "Same"

"Let's eat something."He is changing the topic. I nodded. He drove us to a nearby cafe. We silently entered the cafe. He placed the order and we sat on a table. We were silent for sometime before he spoke up.

  "Can I ask you something?"he said in a really soft tone. He looked unsure.

  "Yeah"I looked at him.

"Do I-I bother you?"he asked looking down. He didn't look at me.

  "What? Why do you say that?"I was confused.

  "You said you didn't want anyone in your life. I thought I may be a bother to you."He said
looking at me.

   I laughed at him. He was confused by now.

  "I didn't want him in my life or anyone who is a stranger. You are not just anyone Ryan, you know that.

  We got each other remember? You said I can trust you. So you are not just anyone."I said smiling.
That got him to smile. He nodded happily.

  "We don't have a family. We don't have relative. We only got each other. Our connection doesn't fit in any name of relation."He said. I agreed.

  I might have a crush on him but I am sure that's it. It will go away with time and I don't want to regret losing him for something so stupid called love. It's just a hormonal imbalance. It will be fixed with time.

  He was right. We don't fit in any relation.

  "Let's make a promise."He spoke again. I raised an eyebrow.

  "I Will be your Ryan. Be my Kya."He said seriously. He is unbelievable. Is he seventeen? This is childish. I don't love him or neither he does. What's in his head?

  " Are you kidding? That's totally childish, we don't love each other Ryan! How can you want us to claim each other."I said freaking out. He is the only one who can make me freak out.

  "I know this is. But that makes me feel that I have someone to lean on,  like family."He said softly. I agree with him. It makes me feel good.

  "But..."I was going to protest when he spoke up again.

  "Do you trust me?" He said looking right into my eyes. I could see an emotion in his eyes that was daring me to say no. Like he was hoping I trust him.

"I do"I said without thinking twice. He smiled with satisfaction. What a manipulating devil!

"Then be mine..."he asked. It was more of a statement than a question.
   "I agree."I said smiling. But he was serious.

  "So.. do you want me to beat Philip. Since you looked scared then although I don't understand why, cause you can take him down in one punch."he said and smiled.

  "I am always weak in emotions.
  And you can't beat him. He is your bestfriend."I said smiling back.

  "I know. I trust him but there is a saying; 'family before friends.' You are my family."He said seriously. Wow!!

  "It's ok."

   We finished and left to go to the school. He dropped me by my car and left. I was entering my car when someone called me.

  "Hey.. please stop!!"it was a girl, probably of my age. I didn't see her in school so may be she was new.

   "Hi, my name is Lisa,                Lisa Jones."she said putting her out for a handshake.

  "Hi? You want something?"she looked innocent. She was smiling.

  "Yeah, sorry I forgot. Can you tell me the way to principal's office? I am a transfer student. I need to collect the ID and schedule for my classes. I am starting next week."she said. I nodded. She is gonna be the new topic of boys. She is beautiful.

  "Follow me."I leaded and she followed. We reached the door to her destiny. I turned to leave.

  "Thanks!!"she said cheerfully. I smiled at her and left.
  I don't know why, something doesn't feel right. May be I am tired. I drived to my apartment and laid down on bed after changing.

  Luke went to LA, so tonight I am the lead. It's always fun to be the lead. It's common for me as Luke has to travel a lot for his other hotels.

  I am just happy. I just get to call someone family.

My family.

A/N: guys remember Lisa??